Software Quality Engineer
- Traverse Mountain Blvd, Lehi, UT 84043, USA
Ancestry is looking for a passionate Software QA Engineer to design and implement automated testing in the CI/CD pipelines. You will steer the development teams toward better test strategies, and enable them to implement and maintain deterministic test automation. You will prepare test plans and cases, and write automation towards the completion of those cases. Some ad-hoc, manual testing may be required based on the determined risk of the release.
You should have a passion for software testing, a great customer experience, Web services test automation, and working in an agile context. In this role, you will mentor, coach, and work directly with development teams to promote adoption of testing best practices and tools. You will lead and coordinate efforts with third party testers on their development teams.
- Plan, scope, schedule and implement testing activities for projects of varying size and complexity
- Utilize test automation frameworks standards and tools, and contribute to best practices
- Implement and enforce continuous testing quality gates in the continuous integration and continuous deployment pipelines
- Write and maintain automation for select projects, primarily for REST web services, though other types may include frontend web UI applications, mobile web and mobile apps
- Expand testing and test automation across the development teams and help the teams take ownership
- Build credibility with development teams, and teach them how to write good tests and testable code
- Communicate status, metrics and trending of quality for the development team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/ related or equivalent required
- 4+ years of software testing experience developing and maintaining API and microservices test automation
- Verifiable working knowledge of HTTP protocol (methods, headers, MIME types), REST, JSON, XML
- Demonstrable experience of software development and agile software test lifecycles
- Demonstrate ability to use and understand new technologies
- Experience with continuous testing practices in a CI/CD development pipeline, and deploying test automation in the dev pipeline
- Experience working in an Agile Development environment
- Knowledge of current test automation tools and frameworks (ie: TestNG, JUnit, Postman, RestAssured)
- Fluency in test automation using Java
- Experience maintaining, setting up and using SonarQube for static analysis and quality gates preferred
- Experience using performance testing tools and processes a plus
- Working knowledge of AWS, Docker, Jenkins, continuous delivery, Git preferred
Helping people discover their story is at the heart of ours. Ancestry is the largest provider of family history and personal DNA testing, harnessing a powerful combination of information, science and technology to help people discover their family history and stories that were never possible before. Ancestry’s suite of products includes: AncestryDNA, AncestryProGenealogists, Fold3, Newspapers.com, Find a Grave, Archives.com, and Rootsweb.
We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers. (REF1109H)
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry.com as a result of the referral or through other means.