Data Scientist, Computer Vision
- W Traverse Pkwy, Lehi, UT 84043, USA
We are growing our Data Science team globally. We’re looking for a Data Scientist to join our Utah office. In this role, you will apply cutting-edge computer vision algorithms to the unique and wide range of historical content and photos.
Reporting directly to the Director of data science, you will be a member of the global Data Science & Machine Learning Team, tackling our toughest and most exciting data science challenges.
- Use data science and machine learning to drive product innovation, customer success, marketing optimization, and more across both our family history and consumer genomics businesses
- Help champion a data-driven culture and push long-term business value creation through development of best-in-class data science capabilities
- Leverage data science, computer vision, and machine learning to increase value across our businesses
- Train computer vision and deep learning models on the big data resources
- Optimize computer vision algorithms and deep learning models to run efficiently in production system
- Work with engineers from prototype to production
- Partner with our in-house team of geneticists on R&D project
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, Statistics or other technical fields.
- 5+ years working experience in machine learning / computer vision / deep learning.
- Must be available to start employment on or before April 01, 2017
- Expert level in machine learning, computer vision, and deep learning.
- Proven track record of completing multiple data science projects end to end, from idea generation to objectives formulation to implementation and deliverables.
- Proficiency in C/C++, Java, SQL, Python, and multi-threaded programming.
- Experience with Hadoop stack (HIVE, Pig, Hadoop streaming), MapReduce and SPARK.
- Experience with deep learning tools (tensorFlow, caffe(2)).
- Experience with generative adversarial network
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Highly skilled at translating business requirements from key stakeholders into shovel-ready work plans
- Excellent project management skills, with a proven track record of on-time and within-budget delivery
Helping people discover their story is at the heart of ours. Ancestry is the largest provider of family history and personal DNA testing, harnessing a powerful combination of information, science and technology to help people discover their family history and stories that were never possible before. Ancestry’s suite of products includes: AncestryDNA, AncestryProGenealogists, Fold3, Newspapers.com, Find a Grave, Archives.com, and Rootsweb.
We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers. (REF1109H)
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry.com as a result of the referral or through other means.