Lifecycle Marketing Analyst
- 153 Townsend St, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA
As a digital subscription business Ancestry has so much data available to target customers with personalized lifecycle messaging! We are looking someone who loves working with huge data sets, identifying customer journeys, segmenting audiences and setting up and analyzing tests.
This role sits on the Marketing Analytics team but will be responsible for owning the relationship with the CRM team. They will work with email, customer and web traffic data to craft stories and make recommendations to the marketing team.
What you will do:
- Provide analytics support for the customer lifecycle marketing team.
- Use excellent technical skills to access information from various structured and unstructured data sources.
- Be the company expert on email data and lead the data effort during the company transition to Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- Collaborate with data science to implement predictive models into marketing programs.
- Set up statistically sound tests to understand the impact of email marketing efforts.
- Independently own projects with the CRM team, setting timelines and expectations
- Keep a constant and proactive eye out for potential improvements in analytics processes, data quality and data sources/tools.
- Initiate and drive data projects, writing clear requirements for our ETL and Development teams.
- 5+ years of experience analyzing large datasets and crafting compelling data stories
- 3+ years in a marketing focused role
- Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud strongly preferred
- Expertise in SQL and Excel
- Data Viz Guru (Tableau)
- Knowledge of Web Analytics (Adobe Analytics)
- Strong research and analytical mindset
- Extremely detail-oriented, but still able to see the big picture
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to present data stories in a clear, concise manner
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills, self-motivated, energetic, "can-do" attitude in a fast-moving environment
- Ability to deal with change and ambiguity
- Bias for action
- Degree in Math, Statistics, CS, Economics or something else "quanty"
- R, Python or other statistical package
- Prior experience in a digital or subscription based business
- Loves family history and genealogy
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission – to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page: www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry.com as a result of the referral or through other means.