Product Manager, Operations, AncestryDNA
- W Traverse Pkwy, Lehi, UT 84043, USA
As a Product Manager with AncestryDNA and Operations team you will be responsible for bringing together engineers, designers, operations team members and departments from around the company to deliver software projects as well as understand the effect on operations of supporting projects. You will actively participate in all supply chain strategy, engineering and improvement projects, inventory and costs to deliver industry-leading supply chain performance outcomes. To succeed, you need to operate comfortably at the intersection of business, technology, and user experience and be both a high-level strategic thinker and a roll-up-your-sleeves operator.
- Work with other Operations Product Management team in setting the product strategy, prioritize features, build consensus, and coordinate product delivery schedules with a team of engineers and designers to ship high-quality solutions.
- Collaborate closely with stakeholders across operations; will need to manage back-log of various Engineering teams, their processes and systems of work. Familiar with Agile methodologies a plus.
- Drive the entire product lifecycle of your feature/product - from conception, requirements gathering & design, development, testing all the way through launch
- Familiarity with supply-chain software (ERP) and associated data a plus.
- Create product specifications and possibly wireframes to convey interaction models and edge cases; will be a key contributor to being a UX resource for the team
- Define methods and metrics for identifying success and failure while ensuring the team is clear on their objectives
- Take ownership and accountability over projects and outcomes; will be a key leader over a variety of projects
- Bachelor's Degree is required
- Minimum of 4 years, working in a professional environment with experiences in Product or Project Management (supply chain experience would be ideal)
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with managing the collaboration between numerous engineering teams; owning the product vision, roadmap, product scenarios, user stories, and backlog for your products
- Preferred 2 years of Product Management or Product Analyst experience in supply chain software systems.
- Incredibly smart, creative, driven, and experienced navigating a complex organization to deliver amazing products quickly
- Experience designing and implementing Supply-Chain Software
- Self-starter and able to work well with individuals at all levels and across functions
- Project management skills with a variety of projects simultaneously while also meeting strict deadline targets.
- Highly collaborative work style across a diverse set of teams
Helping people discover their story is at the heart of ours. Ancestry is the largest provider of family history and personal DNA testing, harnessing a powerful combination of information, science and technology to help people discover their family history and stories that were never possible before. Ancestry’s suite of products includes: AncestryDNA, AncestryProGenealogists, Fold3, Newspapers.com, Find a Grave, Archives.com, and Rootsweb.
We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers. (REF1109H)
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry.com as a result of the referral or through other means.