Data Analyst Graduate Intern
- Sir John Rogerson's Quay, Dublin, Co. Dublin City, Ireland
Ancestry is seeking a Data Analyst Intern to join our team. International Analytics is looking for a highly motivated and dedicated individual to come onboard and help understand the customer journey. The goal will be to provide actionable insights on how our international visitors are interacting with Ancestry’s sites and apps, how they evolve throughout their Ancestry experience and what content they are consuming. This data will allow Ancestry to better understand the visitor and inform future strategic projects. This job presents the opportunity to work in an exciting and dynamic area, with huge opportunities for learning.
Working closely with members of the Analytics & Marketing teams you will report on key metrics, analyse customer behaviours/data to develop a picture of the many different types of Ancestry visitors and leverage this understanding to support business growth. Excellent technical and communication skills are essential in order to generate accurate data and access information from various data sources, both structured and non-structured. This role also involves unleashing the insights hidden within the data by explaining its relevance to non-technical business partners in a way that is actionable and comprehensible to them. The ideal candidate understands and has a passion for business, analytics and technology.
What you will do:
- Quickly develop a strong understanding & knowledge of the Ancestry customer experience for both non-members & members across multiple Ancestry sites and apps
- Work closely with the Analytics & Marketing teams to intimately understand requirements, demonstrate capabilities, and capture insights
- Present timely, compelling, fact based reports outlining trends & patterns of what happened specifically from a visitor's perspective
- Manipulate data from multiple internal and external sources to provide analysis findings and recommendations
- Create visualizations, dashboards, reports, presentations and analyses that explain what happened and why
- Demonstrate a commitment to the quality of data
- The individual will work on a project over the course of the internship and present it at the end to the International Leadership team
- Strong research skills required; you are curious, have an analytical mindset and are extremely detail-oriented
- Good understanding of SQL and data warehouse concepts
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills, self-motivated, energetic, "can-do" attitude in a fast-moving environment
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal; ability to present data and its implications in a clear, concise manner
- Proficiency in Excel (pivot tables, advanced formulas, etc)
- Data Visualization experience and familiarity with UI design concepts
- Experience with Tableau
- Experience with a front-end analytics tool such as Google Analytics / Adobe Analytics
Helping people discover their story is at the heart of ours. Ancestry is the largest provider of family history and personal DNA testing, harnessing a powerful combination of information, science and technology to help people discover their family history and stories that were never possible before. Ancestry’s suite of products includes: AncestryDNA, AncestryProGenealogists, Fold3, Newspapers.com, Find a Grave, Archives.com, and Rootsweb.
We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers
By applying for this position you will be supplying personal information to Ancestry Information Operations Company of 52-55 Sir John Rogersons Quay, Dublin 2, Ireland. Your information will also be shared with other companies within the Ancestry group. Your information will be used to assess your suitability for the advertised position. We also will retain the information you provide and use it to consider you for future vacancies and may contact you if such positions arise. If you want us to delete your information at any time please write to the HR team at the above address.
Please note: we do not require assistance from 3rd party recruitment companies at this time