Senior User Experience Designer
- 153 Townsend St, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA
Ancestry is seeking a Sr. UX Designer to guide product design from concept through launch and beyond. You’ll work with cutting-edge science and technology to help bring consumers’ DNA results to life, collaborating with other designers, engineers, and product managers. You will play an essential role in the strategy, conception and design of beautiful products and services.
Our success hinges on recognizing the value of every individual contribution. We give high-fives to people who enjoy the freedom of taking ownership of a problem and deciding how to solve it. We need thinkers and we need people who can drive excellent visual design while staying laser-focused on our consumers and their needs.
You are a senior user experience designer with strong visual design skills. You bring exceptional creative thought and design sensibilities to produce data-driven and user-focused experiences. You’re a strong collaborator who willingly listens to others while always considering our primary users, who are our 6+ million consumers.
What you’ll do:
- Design mobile and web-based products that are attractive, intuitive, and easy-to-use
- Work closely with product managers and engineers from early-stage conceptualization through product launches
- Produce deliverables including concept sketches, visual comps, design frameworks, production assets
- Launch fast and iterate often, incorporating user feedback and analytics into thoughtful and effective designs
- Experience building and rapidly iterating on interactive prototypes and other artifacts.
- 5+ years of experience with a strong knowledge of responsive design and development with a a minimum of 3 years of experience working with cross functional teams such as product, engineering, program management and corporate leaders.
- Must have experience turning requirements into beautiful intuitive designs.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree.
Design That Matters
We have 2.5 million subscribers who use our site for a combined 5 million hours a week to enrich their understanding of themselves and their place in history. With your help we’ll attract even more enthusiastic users.
Enjoy Work and Life
We have critical UX problems to solve, but we also honor a healthy work/life balance. Though occasionally we indulge in 24-hour hack-a-thons (optional), we normally keep sane and fairly flexible work hours. After all, our business depends on strengthening family ties.
Location, Location, Location
We have a great one: the top 2 floors in a building directly across from AT&T Park in San Francisco. It’s just 2 blocks from the CalTrain station and a short Muni ride away from BART.
Helping people discover their story is at the heart of ours. Ancestry is the largest provider of family history and personal DNA testing, harnessing a powerful combination of information, science and technology to help people discover their family history and stories that were never possible before. Ancestry’s suite of products includes: AncestryDNA, AncestryProGenealogists, Fold3, Newspapers.com, Find a Grave, Archives.com, and Rootsweb.
We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers. (REF993M)