Supply Chain Management, Intern
- W Traverse Pkwy, Lehi, UT 84043, USA
Ancestry is currently seeking highly motivated, internet-savvy interns who can work full-time for 12-16 weeks during Summer 2018. Our summer internships allow you the freedom to experience impactful business projects that allow you to develop your talents. You will enjoy mentorship, and experience challenging work all while receiving fantastic pay, fully-paid temporary housing, and having a lot of fun—we have it all. Oh, and did we mention the possibility of full-time employment once you graduate?
From Engineering to Marketing, UX Design, DNA Science, Product and more, we’re looking for fresh minds and diverse ideas with an interest in connecting families and technology. You will work in a professional environment and have ample opportunity to network with department heads and other professionals within your discipline and across the company Come join a diverse company of enthusiastic, talented, smart, and very passionate people who bring their A-game each day.
Internship Project Description
If you are passionate about gaining experience on the team driving the world’s largest direct to consumer genomic supply chain, this will be an incredible experience for you. You will work in a professional environment and have ample opportunity to network with department heads and professionals within your discipline. The Supply Chain Management intern will work with Supply Chain Design and Optimization team and will be reporting to the DNA Program Manager.
This is what you will do….
- Perform analytical and technical tasks that contribute to improving our quality, manufacturing, logistics, and supplier management systems
- Assist both the development and daily operational teams with a variety of continual improvement projects requiring analytical and process design expertise
- Conduct assessments of system accuracy, efficiency, productivity and performance.
- Develop new system metrics to support decision-making, and produce detailed reports that monitor the effectiveness of the supply chain.
- Prepare Executive Summary Reports identifying trends and provide recommendations for process improvements. Proficiently utilize software to extract pertinent data in making strategic recommendations. Develop, analyze and communicate metrics to drive enhanced decision making across the organization.
- Create training documents, process flows and SOPs used to educate business users.
Tasks & deliverables:
- Deliverable's to include models, SOPs, design requirements, process/data flows, executive one-pager and executive presentation to be delivered as part of the project.
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s, master’s or post-doc level degree
- Must be currently enrolled in a university and graduating after Summer 2018
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office with advanced Excel skills including complex formula writing, model building and macros.
- Analytical aptitude and demonstrated experience in data mining and using analytics to help drive system and process improvements.
- SQL experience.
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) experience and other strong capabilities with regards to analytical applications like MS Access
- 3+ years work experience in Operations/Supply Chain/Systems Management.
- Experience within biotech, health care and/or life sciences industries strongly preferred.
- Project management with a track record of managing system or process implementations.
Working for Ancestry
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.