Genealogist Research Manager (New England)
- 324 State St, Salt Lake City, UT 84111, USA
Manage research projects, including communicating with the client, assigning research to team members and contractors, making sure it is done within specified time frame. Manage effective and efficient genealogical research at various archives, libraries (online and onsite) to solve client’s research challenges. Ensure quality of research and end product, working with records from the New England region.
What you will do:
- You will partner with our client relationship managers in communications with mangers
- You will work with Team Managers and professional researchers to manage case work
- You will conduct effective and efficient genealogical research at various archives, and libraries both online and in person to solve a client's research needs
- You will thoroughly and efficiently analyze and solve complicated genealogical problems, especially those in which there is no direct evidence, or those in which analysis of evidence is particularly difficult
- You will compile documents and present research findings in an organized, clear, and coherent manner
- You will be working in a team of professional researchers
- You will serve as a mentor to other researchers, sharing information about records, search techniques, and research methodologies
Who you are:
- You have a degree in Family History Research, English, History
- You have 5-10 years of professional Research in the New England
- You can type 55 wpm
- You have experience with case management or project management
- You have excellent communication skills
- You can manage and prioritize several tasks simultaneously
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.