Senior Data Scientist - Natural Language Processing
- Townsend St, San Francisco, CA, USA
We are growing our Data Science team in Lehi, UT and San Francisco, CA. We’re looking for a Data Scientist to join and help develop this exciting team.
The new hire will be a member of the global Data Science & Machine Learning Team, tackling our toughest and most exciting data science challenges.
- Use data science to drive product innovation, customer success, marketing optimization, and more across both our family history and consumer genomics businesses
- Help champion a data-driven culture and push long-term business value creation through development of best-in-class data science capabilities
- Leverage natural language processing to extract value and insights from our billions of genealogical records and from the Newspapers.com archives. We have truly interesting text data spanning decades across many different mediums.
- Expertise in machine learning and statistical analysis (classification, regression, recommendation systems, etc.)
- Proven track record of completing multiple data science projects end to end, from idea generation to objectives formulation to implementation and deliverables.
- Strong programming skills: fluency in Python is preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to translate business requirements from key stakeholders into actionable data science stories.
- Masters or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Statistics, or any data related field.
- Experience with NLP methods such as entity extraction, document classification, and topic modeling.
- Familiarity with deep learning – especially in the domain of NLP: LSTM, Convolutional Sequence to Sequence Learning, etc.
- Experience building deep learning models using tools like TensorFlow and Keras.
- Proficiency in SQL.
- Experience with Hadoop stack (HIVE, Pig, Hadoop streaming), MapReduce and Spark.
Helping people discover their story is at the heart of ours. Ancestry is the largest provider of family history and personal DNA testing, harnessing a powerful combination of information, science and technology to help people discover their family history and stories that were never possible before. Ancestry’s suite of products includes: AncestryDNA, AncestryProGenealogists, Fold3, Newspapers.com, Find a Grave, Archives.com, and Rootsweb.
We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers. (REF1109H)
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry.com as a result of the referral or through other means.