General Ledger Accountant
- W Traverse Pkwy, Lehi, UT 84043, USA
Ancestry has an amazing opportunity for a General Ledger Accountant. This position will report to the Assistant Controller and will be primarily responsible for managing the accounting records for digital content, fixed assets, intangible assets, and leases.
What you will do:
- Responsible for maintaining accurate records on digital content and related royalties, fixed assets, intangible assets, and leases
- Responsible for project accounting for the tracking and monitoring of digital content
- Responsible for ensuring proper internal controls
- Work with both external and internal auditors
- Responsible for Month End processes including reconciliations and analysis of balance sheet and income statement accounts
- Responsible for updating, maintaining, and monitoring Oracle FA and the capitalization, expensing, impairment and retiring of digital content and fixed assets Policies and Procedures
- Assist in monitoring and managing the tax books of fixed assets and digital content for proper tax treatment
- Responsible for conducting periodic physical inventories of all company assets
- Responsible for calculating royalty payments due to digital content providers on a timely basis
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required
- Eligible to take the CPA exam, preferred
- 1-2 Years of working with Oracle FA is desirable; experience with Oracle AP, GL, PO, and/or Project Costing is desirable
- Must be self-motivated and proactive
- Must be detail oriented
- Familiarity with best practices for monitoring and tracking assets
Helping people discover their story is at the heart of ours. Ancestry is the largest provider of family history and personal DNA testing, harnessing a powerful combination of information, science and technology to help people discover their family history and stories that were never possible before. Ancestry’s suite of products includes: AncestryDNA, AncestryProGenealogists, Fold3, Newspapers.com, Find a Grave, Archives.com, and Rootsweb.
We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers. (REF1109H)
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry.com as a result of the referral or through other means.