Director, Employee Benefits
- 1300 W Traverse Pkwy, Lehi, UT 84043, USA
Ancestry is seeking an innovative, proactive, passionate problem solver for our Director, Employee Benefits. Reporting to our Global Head of Total Rewards, this person is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of core benefit programs (health, dental, vision, disability, worker’s compensation, life insurance, and flexible spending plans) along with our corporate wellness program. Our ideal candidate would have successfully identified and implemented well designed benefits programs that not only meet the needs of our employees, but also help create an environment that contributes to our employees’ overall well-being.
This position can be based in either Lehi, Utah or San Francisco. Relocation assistance is available.
What you will do:
- Research employee benefit plans and vendors to identify those that present the best value.
- Design, recommend and implement global benefit strategies and programs. Model and recommend plan design or benefit cost changes.
- Lead a team of two benefits professionals.
- Manage the benefit plan renewal process and annual open enrollment.
- Negotiate costs and features with benefits suppliers. Collaborate with internal legal counsel to develop contracts and finance to manage costs.
- Coordinate transfer of data to external contacts for services, premiums and plan administration. Work effectively to make sure the plans run smoothly. Investigate discrepancies and provide information in non-routine situations.
- Ensure compliance with applicable government regulations. Lead the implementation of required reporting under the Affordable Care Act.
- Analyze current benefits package, evaluating the usage, services, coverage, effectiveness, cost, plan experience, and competitive trends.
- Provide customer service support to internal and external customers.
- Develop communication tools to enhance understanding of the company’s benefits package. Deliver weekly benefits orientation to new hires.
- Design and distribute materials for benefit orientations, open enrollment, etc.
- Manage Ancestry’s corporate wellness program.
- You and your team will be the primary point of contact for employees to help them understand their benefits and resolve their questions and concerns. You will represent the company in working with our benefits suppliers to solve problems, develop new programs, and deliver great programs to our employees.
- Bachelor's degree and at least ten years’ employee benefits experience required in a company with a minimum of 1,500 employees in multiple locations.
- CEBS or CBP certification preferred.
- Knowledge of all pertinent federal and state (Utah and California), filing and compliance requirements both adopted and pending affecting employee benefit programs, including ACA, ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, SECTION 125, Workers Compensation, Medicare, OBRA, and Social Security and DOL requirements.
- Excellent communication and organization skills are required. Friendly, approachable, and committed to delivering an outstanding employee experience.
- Demonstrated track record of consistently delivering extraordinary levels of service to our employees; ability to resolve customer service issues and troubleshoot employee issues with suppliers.
- Experience developing and leading enterprise level projects and working with multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Prior people management experience required.
- Effective planning and priority setting. Ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Interpret plan procedures and policies. Recommend and advise on benefit enhancements and changes as part of Ancestry’s total rewards philosophy.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, Outlook, etc.
Working for Ancestry
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry.com as a result of the referral or through other means.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. (REF1031B)