Associate Genealogist - New England
- 324 State St, Salt Lake City, UT 84111, USA
This is an entry level professional position with potential for significant growth in the organization for the right candidate. The Associate Genealogist works with Research Managers to research, document, and prepare client sessions. They assist in gathering materials, conducting research, records dissemination and support to allow the Research Managers to focus on the Research project and analysis.
What you will do:
- You will provide clerical and research assistance to professional genealogists
- You will format and conduct preliminary proofing of reports
- You will create image templates and assemble client deliverable (electronic and hard-copy)
- You will be working in a team of professional researchers
- You will collect and organize data and complete accurate data entry
What you have:
- You are accredited or are working towards accreditation or certification (Preferred)
- You have 1 to 2 years of professional New England genealogical research
- You can type 55 wpm
- You have excellent written communication skills
- You can manage and prioritize several tasks simultaneously
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.