Assistant Genealogist - German
- 324 South State #100, Salt Lake City, Utah, us
This is an entry level professional position with potential for significant growth in the organization for the right candidate. The Assistant Genealogist works with Research Managers to research, document, and prepare client sessions. They assist in gathering materials, clerical work, records dissemination and support to allow the Research Managers to focus on the Research project and analysis.
What you will do:
- Provide clerical and research assistance to professional genealogists
- Format and conduct preliminary proofing of reports
- Create image templates and assemble client deliverable (electronic and hard-copy)
- Work in a team of professional researchers
What you have:
- Accredited or are working towards accreditation or certification (Preferred)
- Have at least 1 year of professional genealogical research
- Experience with research records written German
- Type 55 wpm
- Excellent written communication skills
- Manage and prioritize several tasks simultaneously
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission – to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page: www.workforancestry.com.