Senior Manager Consumer Insights
- 153 Townsend St, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA
Ancestry is seeking an experienced Senior Manager, Consumer Insights who is passionate about driving businesses growth through deep consumer and market understanding and fueling a consumer-driven company culture. This position reports to the VP of Consumer Insights and is based in San Francisco, CA (near AT&T Ballpark).
- Develop and synthesize insights into frameworks that inform brand strategy and drive key business decisions across product and marketing.
- Define and drive an integrated market research strategy and plan to proactively provide a comprehensive view of the customer, market, and Ancestry brand.
- Manage all aspects of primary research, including partnering with key stakeholders to frame problems, designing research methodologies, implementing high-quality data collection, and analyzing results.
- Translate research findings into clear and actionable insights through thoughtful data collection, in-depth analysis, sharp observations, smart story-telling, and compelling presentations.
- Present and evangelize results and recommendations to teams and executive staff.
- 7+ years of consumer-focused market research experience on the client or vendor side, preferably with experience in packaged goods, online services, e-commerce, gaming, and/or mobile applications. Proven track record of framing ambiguous problems and creatively leveraging research methods to answer difficult questions
- Broad and deep research experience across qualitative and quantitative methods (e.g. market segmentation, brand tracking, advertising effectiveness (TV and digital), packaging research, concept testing, market sizing, forecasting, pricing, NPS/customer satisfaction, syndicated data analysis, ethnographic research, etc.)
- Strong quantitative analysis skills and proficient in statistics
- Mastery of survey theory with hands-on experience using well-known survey and analysis tools such as Qualtrics, MarketSight, etc.
- Experience evaluating, influencing, and inspiring advertising creative strategies
- Experience interpreting marketing analytics methodologies (e.g. MMM â€“ marketing mix modeling)
- Top-notch writing, communication, and presentation skills
- Proactive, self-starter attitude; comfortable with ambiguity and balancing multiple priorities/needs
- Demonstrated team player mentality - ability to work effectively across multiple projects and teams.
- Bachelor degree from an accredited university. Concentration in market research, statistics, math, economics, psychology, business or a similarly relevant field of study; graduate degree a plus
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission – to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page: www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry.com as a result of the referral or through other means.