- 153 Townsend St, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA
The Benefits Specialist assists with administering various employee benefits programs, such as group health/dental/vision, 401(k), flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, accident and disability, life insurance, workers compensation and wellness programs.
This person will work under the direction of the Director of Employee Benefits to ensure the best experience possible for employees who interact with the team to receive assistance with benefits questions and issues.
The right candidate for this job will need to be a self-starter and be able to jump in and contribute to the Total Rewards team on day one. S/he will be an overall part of a dynamic People team and will have the potential to participate in growing the Ancestry business.
What you will do:
- Serve as resource for employees on benefits related questions
- Assist employees, as necessary, with claims questions and issues
- Conduct benefits orientation and explain benefits enrollment in Workday
- Liase with Payroll, as needed, regarding employee benefits deductions
- Initiate workers compensation claims for employees injured in the workplace
- Review and respond to requests for information related to short/long term disability claims
- Assist with administration of leaves of absence
- Schedule meetings designed to educate employees on various benefits programs, including annual open enrollment meetings
- Assist with benefits reporting requirements
Who you are:
- 3+ years of benefits experience in a multi-state environment
- BS/BA in Business or HR related field
- Strong knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Outstanding customer service skills; able to handle difficult issues and people with professionalism
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment that encourages open communication and sharing of ideas and best practices
- Demonstrated personal credibility through accuracy, consistency, meeting commitments, integrity, and confidentiality
- Smart, driven, and with enough energy to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to make informed decisions and choices based upon priority, business necessity and bottom line impact
- Exceptional written, oral, presentation and interpersonal skills
- This position may require some travel with overnight stay
Working for Ancestry
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are. For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry.com as a result of the referral or through other means. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.