Manager of Financial Reporting and Internal Controls
- 1300 W Traverse Pkwy, Lehi, UT 84043, USA
Ancestry has an amazing opportunity for a self-motivated Manager of Financial Reporting and Internal Controls. This position will report to the Director of SEC Reporting & Internal Controls. This financial leader will also have an entrepreneurial drive and a desire to be a part of a unique culture that is committed to growing our organization.
Key Responsibilities / Performance Requirements:
Financial Reporting -
- Assist with the preparation of financial statements for external reporting including preparation of balance sheet, income statement, statements of comprehensive income, cash flow and equity, as well as preparation of footnote and MD&A disclosures.
- Compile and maintain quarterly work papers that support of the Company’s financial statements and footnote disclosures.
- Assist the Company in maintaining IPO readiness.
- Assist Investor Relations with the preparation of earnings releases and investor conference decks, and maintain support binders.
- Monitor activity of the FASB, SEC and other authoritative bodies to identify the potential impact of new pronouncements.
- Support the annual external audit and quarterly reviews.
- Knowledge of XBRL (eXtensible Business Reporting Language) tagging.
- Familiarity with quarterly and annual GAAP checklists.
Internal Controls -
Coordinate and manage internal control compliance efforts with Director of SEC Reporting & Internal Controls and third-party consulting firm.
Assist in the development and maintenance of internal control documentation.
Ensure internal controls over financial reporting are effectively designed and executed; verify internal control documentation is accurate and updated in a timely manner.
Assessment of risk and evaluation of the reliability, consistency, and integrity of financial and operating information, in collaboration with process owners and business leaders.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA certification required.
- 4 plus years in public accounting (Big 4 experience preferred) engaged on integrated audits with SEC clientele.
- Thorough understanding of US GAAP accounting principles, a strong understanding of SEC reporting requirements, and capability of researching and applying both in a practical manner.
- Understanding of internal control design and testing concepts.
- Confidence to act independently, exercising independent decision-making and fulfilling responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines with high attention to detail.
- Strong MS Office skills.
- Wdesk experience a plus.
- Oracle and TM1 experience a plus
Working for Ancestry
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are. For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry.com as a result of the referral or through other means. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.