Senior Director, Product, People & Origins
- 1300 W Traverse Pkwy, Lehi, UT 84043, USA
Ancestry seeks a product thought leader focused on defining and delivering experiences that help people discover and curate their individual, family, and collective narratives. Ancestry’s global reach is expanding. Working collaboratively with business stakeholders across the organization, you will grow and lead a team of talented product managers to swiftly identify, define and deliver new products and services to customers.
This position reports to our VP of Product and is based in our Lehi, Utah office.
What You Will Do:
- Define a roadmap to deliver core product experiences that will attract new customer segments and engage all users in rich, content-driven experiences
- Establish a framework to align features and capabilities to customer journeys focused on discovery of relatives, family origins, and associated narratives
- Expand the relevance of core discovery experiences based on family tree, historical record, user-generated content, and DNA-based datasets
- Create differentiated experiences leveraging Ancestry’s scale and leadership in ethnicity and matching based on proprietary genealogical and genomic data
- Deliver uniquely personalized narratives to customers at scale leveraging data science and platform personalization elements
- Work with internal stakeholders to utilize internal assets and maximize leverage for the business overall
- Engage external partners to accelerate development and maximize customer satisfaction
- Develop a PM team that exemplifies agile best practices at scale - using detailed epics and user stories to ship great products - often leading by example
- Build strong working relationships and fundamental alignment with peers in UX, ENG, DNA Science, Platform, and Marketing
- Define and communicate clear success criteria for apps and features
- Establish a robust framework for A/B or multivariate testing in collaboration with colleagues in analytics
- Work with PR, Marketing, and Member Services to manage launch cycles end-to-end
- 10+ years of consumer experience with 5+ years in product management for leading consumer brands
- Experience leveraging large-scale, user-generated datasets to differentiate product experiences
- Obsessed with customer understanding and measurable success
- Familiarity with toolset and techniques for user and app analytics across platforms
- Strong writing skills to clearly articulate a vision/objectives and influence others towards them
- Successful track record building and leading high performing teams
- Fluent in the language and methods of a data-driven culture and data science
- Effective communications skills, presentation techniques, meeting mechanics, and team building skills
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in STEM or economics; MBA preferred
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.