Executive Assistant, Product & Technology
- 153 Townsend St, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA
Ancestry is looking for a Rockstar executive assistant to support our Vice President, Business Operations and Vice President, Product. You’ll work with our highly skilled team across multiple offices, along with other internal and external customers. Critical to your success will be your superior communication skills, excellent judgment, attention to detail, and ability to juggle tasks—from the mundane to the more strategic. Your skill set will set you apart from your peers and clearly demonstrate your pride in the quality of your work. You don’t settle for “good enough” and you know how important it is to manage your time and meet deadlines.
What you will do:
- Schedule and coordinate business travel, including itineraries, reservations and expense reports for department members;
- Anticipate and assemble information and data packages for business travel and other department and company events, including meeting schedules, agendas, appointments, and presentations;
- Manage external interfaces, including directing phone calls, retrieving voice mail, managing E-mail, establishing and maintaining calendar and scheduling conference rooms;
- Schedule some events including booking venues, creating attendee materials, managing catering, coordinating with external vendors, and in some cases making travel and accommodations arrangements;
- Prepare correspondence, contact lists and some presentations and reports;
- Assist with drafting, filing and maintaining forms and other documents;
- Process invoices and track expenses for department team members;
- Assist with coverage for other Executive Assistant’s as needed;
- Other projects and responsibilities as requested.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent;
- At least 5 years of administrative experience;
- Strong reporting, organization, and planning skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and detail-oriented with excellent analytical skills;
- High energy and enthusiasm;
- Impeccable communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office and ability/willingness to learn new software;
- Experience with contract or other legal database administration strongly preferred;
- Customer-oriented with a true desire to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of marketing department members;
- Open-minded and innovative with ability to be flexible;
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently;
- Absolute discretion, and an ability to maintain as confidential, all company, departmental and other proprietary and sensitive information, is mandatory;
- Must display a high level of integrity in addressing issues of a confidential nature;
- A high degree of initiative, drive and sound judgment;
- Ability to work productively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment with a smile and a sense of humor;
- Dependability; and ability to work overtime on occasion.
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.