- 153 Townsend St, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA
Ancestry is currently seeking a highly motivated law student who can work full-time for 12-16 weeks during Summer 2018. The Ancestry summer legal internship will allow you to learn what it’s like to work in an in-house legal department at a growing technology company. You will work in a professional environment and have ample opportunity to network and learn from our team of fantastic lawyers. This position is based in San Francisco, CA.
An internship at Ancestry will give you the freedom to experience business and legal projects that allow you to develop your talents, enjoy mentorship, and experience challenging work. Come join a diverse company of enthusiastic, talented, smart, and very passionate people who bring their A-game each day.
This is what you will do….
- Support and learn from our legal team on a variety of legal matters, including supporting Ancestry’s content acquisition, marketing, and product development teams
- Review and summarize legal contracts for various legal department projects.
- Assist legal team in researching, drafting, and editing templates for legal agreements
- Work with legal team members and business owners on intake, review, approval, and execution of contracts.
- Currently a 1L or 2L pursuing a J.D. degree at an ABA accredited U.S. law school. Must also return to school after the internship to continue education.
- Excellent academic credentials
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels both written and verbally
- Desire to learn about what’s it like to work as part of an in-house legal department
- Self-starter with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Strong computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Outgoing, credible, confident, proactive
Ancestry is a profitable, growing company with a positive, high-energy environment. Together, our dedicated teams are harnessing the power of technology and using it to simplify the way people connect with their families and their unique legacies. Our work environment is fast-paced and challenging, but also extremely exciting. You’ll work with a team of passionate, engaged individuals. We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related thereto), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, age (40 and older), mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law. The Company also makes reasonable accommodations to applicants or employees with qualifying disabilities who request them and who otherwise meet the requirements of applicable law. If you would like to request an accommodation during the application process, please contact our Director of Recruiting.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.