Product Analyst, Intern
- 153 Townsend St, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA
Ancestry is currently seeking highly motivated, internet-savvy interns who can work full-time for 12-16 weeks during Summer 2018. Our summer internships allow you the freedom to experience impactful business projects that allow you to develop your talents. You will enjoy mentorship, and experience challenging work all while receiving fantastic pay, fully-paid temporary housing, and having a lot of fun—we have it all. Oh, and did we mention the possibility of full-time employment once you graduate?
From Engineering to Marketing, UX Design, DNA Science, Product and more, we’re looking for fresh minds and diverse ideas with an interest in connecting families and technology. Come join a diverse company of enthusiastic, talented, smart, and very passionate people who bring their A-game each day.
Internship Project Description
If you are passionate about data driven decision making and rapid innovation in product, this will be an incredible experience for you. You will work in a professional environment and have ample opportunity to network with department heads and other professionals within your discipline. The Product Analyst intern will work with Sr. Product Analysts, Manager of Product Analytics and Sr. Director of Customer/Product Analytics.
This is what you will do….
Your main responsibility is to conduct insightful analysis, create data visualization and build advanced statistical models to understand, measure, and monitor customers experience within product incorporating qualitative data collected on customer satisfaction and NPS.
Tasks & deliverables:
- Behavior tracking technology
- SQL and data visualization
- Analytical and data science process
- Team work and presentation skills
- Pull dataset as requested by analysts
- Document and QA data
- Conduct exploratory and descriptive analysis.
- Create visualization to tell data story
- Use advanced statistical skills to analyze customer product and social behavior
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s and master’s level degree in Statistics, Economics, Applied Mathematics, Operation Research, Biostatistics, or MBA in Marketing or Business Analytics
- Must be currently enrolled in university with graduation dates starting in Summer 2018 forward
- Familiar with Excel (pivot tables, advanced formulas, modeling etc.)
- Knowledge in R, Python or other relevant statistical or scripting languages
- Strong research and analytical mindset
- Self-motivated, energetic, "can-do" attitude in a fast-moving environment
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal; ability to tell compelling data story.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Self-confidence and courage with a dose of humility
Ancestry is a profitable, growing company with a positive, high-energy environment. Together, our dedicated teams are harnessing the power of technology and using it to simplify the way people connect with their families and their unique legacies. Our work environment is fast-paced and challenging, but also extremely exciting. You’ll work with a team of passionate, engaged individuals. We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related thereto), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, age (40 and older), mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law. The Company also makes reasonable accommodations to applicants or employees with qualifying disabilities who request them and who otherwise meet the requirements of applicable law. If you would like to request an accommodation during the application process, please contact our Director of Recruiting.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.