Director, E-Commerce Global Transportation
- W Traverse Pkwy, Lehi, UT 84043, USA
Ancestry is seeking a Director of E-Commerce Global Transportation to join our team. This is an opportunity to join our DNA operations business and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to design, create and mature our logistics networks, processes, systems and infrastructures.
DNA Operations team is seeking a Director of E-Commerce Global Transportation, reporting to the Senior Director of Supply Chain Optimization and Design. We are looking for a hands-on individual with a “roll-up your sleeves” mentality with has experience in transportation, distribution and end-to-end logistics in the US and internationally. This will give you the opportunity to create and build networks for our rapidly growing DNA business needs.
What you will do:
- You will be providing strategic hands-on direction (initially as a solo leader) in the creation and/or maturing of policies and systems, and provide leadership for transportation activities; through intensive collaboration with other departments for other initiatives such as partner selection of fulfillment, warehousing and reverse supply chain partners.
- You will be responsible for the creation and development of financial standards, and will also monitor and report against already-developed standards.
- You will develop transportation plans and procedures to ensure that internal and external client needs/requirements are met and/or resolved.
- You will analyze the financial impact of proposed logistics changes, such as facility location, routing, shipping modes, product volumes, mixes, and carrier management.
- You will develop and monitor product import and export processes to ensure compliance with regulatory and legal requirements, as well as look for ways to improve efficiency.
- Foster a culture of teamwork, personal learning and professional development for all members.
- At least 7-10 years of experience in Logistics; with at least 4-5 years as a leader.
- Track Record of leading in a business during high growth and large scale (ideal is taking a process from US into Global Regions with success)
- You have a proven track record in negotiations of 3PL’s and with a variety of global carriers.
- Previous experience w/ international logistics transportation working with a freight forwarder / customs brokerage company
- Knowledge of supply chain security programs, such as C-TPAT, PIP, AEO, ISF, ITAR, ATF, CBP, DOT
- Nice to have: MBA or Degree in Logistics, Supply-Chain or Operations
- Nice to have: Direct to consumer a plus
- Nice to have: Experience in a regulated environment (medical devices) a plus
Ancestry is a profitable, growing company with a positive, high-energy environment. Together, our dedicated teams are harnessing the power of technology and using it to simplify the way people connect with their families and their unique legacies. Our work environment is fast-paced and challenging, but also extremely exciting. You’ll work with a team of passionate, engaged individuals. We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related thereto), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, age (40 and older), mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law. The Company also makes reasonable accommodations to applicants or employees with qualifying disabilities who request them and who otherwise meet the requirements of applicable law. If you would like to request an accommodation during the application process, please contact our Director of Recruiting.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.