- 153 Townsend St, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA
The SEM Manager role is a global role tasked with driving sales for our emerging international businesses. This is an amazing opportunity for you to expand your skillsets! This role includes running point on google display network as well as paid media marketing on Amazon. In this role you will be responsible for developing, executing, optimizing and measuring campaigns that drive new customers to Ancestry. You will own the day-to-day management and reporting of multiple high-impact search engine marketing accounts.
- As our hands-on search expert, you will manage, optimize and scale the paid search marketing channel, as well as piloting other biddable new channels
- As an innovator you would educate yourself and the extended team on the latest best practices as well as competitive landscape.
- Day-to-day campaign bid management and execution tactics across multiple search engines (e.g. Google, Bing, App Store, etc.) to exceed customer acquisition goals and maximize return on ad spend
- Grow PPC advertising on Amazon, a platform that is ripe for optimization and expansion
- Run point on GDN, developing this fledging channel and taking it to the next level
- Work closely with our in-house creative and developer teams to build unique software and technologies to support our partner’s growth
- Create SEM dashboards and monitor KPIs
- Identify opportunities for keyword, geography, and channel expansion
- Work closely with the broader team to devise and implement full-funnel user acquisition strategies, optimize bidding strategy, and drive landing pages and ad copy to improve channel performance
- Stay up-to-date on industry best practices and apply them as appropriate
- 2-5 years of experience managing search marketing campaigns and budgets at scale
- Deep understanding of Adwords strategies, keyword bidding, and best practices
- Ease with downstream metrics measurement and funnel optimization
- Comfortable analyzing large amounts of data
- Hyper-analytical and passionate about testing, data, and metrics
- A self-starter who is results-driven, focused and analytical
- Excellent communication skills
- A problem-solver at heart, finding innovative ways to drive growth for partners
- Bachelor’s degree
Working for Ancestry
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry.com as a result of the referral or through other means.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. (REF1036N)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.