Manager of Strategic Initiatives and Monetization
- 1300 W Traverse Pkwy, Lehi, UT 84043, USA
As Manager of Strategic Initiatives and Monetization, you will help lead strategic, cross-functional Marketing projects to success. These projects will require a broad range of skills, from evaluating new consumer monetization/upsell/cross-sell initiatives to building Management strategy decks. A well-rounded consulting skill set or deep B2C brand or digital marketing background would be highly valued. The Marketing Strategy and Monetization team is a highly visible, high performance team that requires a relentless pursuit for excellence and ability to navigate large sets of data to drive the company mission. This role will report to our Director of Strategic Initiatives and Monetization.
- Evaluate and prioritize strategic initiatives touching multiple departments across the organization
- Develop value proposition for existing and new brands, and to translate it into concrete business practices
- Generate new ideas for customer acquisition and retention initiatives based on learnings from internal, customer, and third-party research/data
- Develop business cases and implementation plans, and coordinate cross-departmental implementation efforts
- Conduct competitive/market research where necessary to support idea generation and business case development
- Proven success in developing and implementing a successful cross-departmental strategy, marketing and/or customer experience program
- 5+ years of marketing experience, with the ability to create a work plan, manage scope, collaborate with multiple stakeholders, and take ownership - driving a project from start to finish
- 5+ years of management experience, preferably at a top management consulting firm, B2C brand, or digital marketing company
- Successful experience managing stakeholders across the organization and influencing without formal authority
- Demonstrated experience developing and presenting clear, concise recommendations, outlining alternatives, financial implications, and key decision criteria
- Well-rounded business acumen and ability to connect disparate data points into a meaningful story
- Relevant experiences: Pricing & Packaging Strategy, Testing & Optimization, Business Consulting/Development, Marketing Planning, Consumer Marketing/Analytics
- Ability to put together solid business cases with financial ROI estimates
- Ability to synthesize information and make data-driven decisions in an environment of ambiguity
- Solid interpersonal and stakeholder management skills (externally and internally at all levels
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred
Working for Ancestry.com
Ancestry.com is a profitable, growing company with a positive, high-energy environment. Together, our dedicated teams are harnessing the power of technology and using it to simplify the way people connect with their families and their unique legacies. Our work environment is fast-paced and challenging, but also extremely exciting. You’ll work with a team of passionate, engaged individuals. We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers
Ancestry.com is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry.com via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry.com. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry.com as a result of the referral or through other means.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.
ll your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.