Competitive Intelligence Manager
- 1300 W Traverse Pkwy, Lehi, UT 84043, USA
The Ancestry team is seeking a Competitive Intelligence Manager to join our team. This highly visible role reports to the Vice President, Competitive Strategy and Business Development. Ancestry is the leader in Consumer Genomics, a rapidly growing category that is providing individuals insights into what makes them unique at the genetic level and changing the way individuals see themselves and their place in history. You will be central to driving and establishing the firm’s understanding of this rapidly growing industry and helping Ancestry think through its strategic positioning.
Join a team that loves to explore and solve complex problems with limited information, challenge conventional wisdom, and win. You will be responsible for driving a comprehensive understanding of the competitive environment, tracking competitive developments, managing and analyzing complex data sets, and communicating key insights to senior managers.
To succeed in this role, you’ll need a thorough understanding of competitive strategy, a desire to solve problems with a data first approach, and the ability to effectively and efficiently communicate ideas.
What you will do
• Help Ancestry compete effectively in one of the fastest growing markets
• Inform the overall Business strategy
• Provide weekly competitive insights.
• Drive monthly competitive intelligence meetings with leaders across the organization
• Reinforce a data-driven decision-making culture
• Bring new and innovative analytical methods to obtain insights from our data
• Analyze complex data-sets/Work across the entire organization
Who You Are:
• Strategic thinker - Translating data analyses into insights and strategies that have altered conventional wisdom
• Data storyteller –proven experience building and teaching a structured approach for communicating data insights, that involves a combination of: data, visuals, and narrative.
• Strong financial and analytical skills.
• Problem solver filled with initiative – loves the challenge of solving problems and does not need to be told what to do
• Team player – possess a fantastic can-do attitude and able to adapt skills to wherever you can best contribute to the team
• Experience with excel, Tableau, etc.
• Effective communicator
• College Degree, 2-4 years work experience, preferably at an investment bank or strategic consulting firm
Working for Ancestry.com
Ancestry.com is a profitable, growing company with a positive, high-energy environment. Together, our dedicated teams are harnessing the power of technology and using it to simplify the way people connect with their families and their unique legacies. Our work environment is fast-paced and challenging, but also extremely exciting. You’ll work with a team of passionate, engaged individuals. We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers
Ancestry.com is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry.com via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry.com. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry.com as a result of the referral or through other means.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.
ll your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.