Content Marketing Copywriter
- 1300 W Traverse Pkwy, Lehi, UT 84043, USA
This is a full-time position responsible for writing creative and engaging content for Ancestry’s Newspapers.com product. The writer will collaborate with the management team to identify and highlight historical content to drive customer awareness and attract new subscribers.
Key Responsibilities/Performance Requirements:
- Research historical news topics to identify interesting and relevant content
- Partner with key team members in developing creative communications using historical newspaper content and how it relates to current news
- Write blog posts and articles to be distributed on social platforms and additional outlets
- Work closely with management, product, and marketing to create a new content marketing strategy
- Thrive in a rapid, deadline-driven environment with the ability to manage multiple assignments
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising/Communications, Journalism, Public Relations. or English; or equivalent experience
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Proficient in grammar, spelling, syntax usage, and punctuation
- Professional, consistent, and appropriately witty writing style that encourages subscribers to share on social media and elsewhere
- Ability to ideate and create content to highlight interesting and engaging stories for a broad audience
- Engage an audience through social media posts
- Love of history
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission – to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page: www.workforancestry.com.