Marketing Manager, CRM Lifecycle Programs
- 153 Townsend St, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA
The CRM Team is seeking a creative and data-driven marketer to join the team to support lifecycle email and multi-channel marketing efforts communications for Ancestry. Working within a team of strategic marketers, this role is responsible for driving measurable results through effective marketing communications. This is a unique opportunity to play a key leadership role in an exciting, fast-growing business. You will work at the strategic level to champion new, innovative ideas, and at the tactical level to execute test plans, and iterate based on performance metrics. In this role, you will employ a heavy bias towards automation, always looking for ways to drive the optimal customer experience and internal efficiencies in a scalable way. The process includes research, planning, coordination, testing, design, execution and analysis of results. This position collaborates closely with internal teams across multiple offices and time zones.
- Work with the senior manager, lifecycle programs and across the team to support the implementation, optimization, and execution of existing and new cross-channel marketing programs focused on acquiring, converting and re-engaging customers in their lifecycle with Ancestry.
- Oversee shared segmentation strategy to be utilized in both lifecycle and paid marketing channels to drive consistent and cohesive cross-channel customer communication
- Partner with critical customer facing marketing teams (onsite, display advertising, social, PR) as well as our product partners to ensure programs are multi-channel, integrated, personalized and reflect product roadmaps and audience insights.
- Understand the lifecycle framework, define target audiences, and develop corresponding communication strategies across multiple channels. Work with Creative team to develop all content and assets.
- Identify and apply best practices to measure, analyze, test and suggest improvements to lifecycle marketing program performance. Optimize performance through A/B testing. Partner with marketing analytics to deliver program results and further analysis.
- Share program results and drive recommendations regarding how to most effectively engage customers within digital channels (e.g. cadence, frequency, etc.).
- Leverage personalization and the dynamic delivery of content to maximize conversion based upon persona, contact type, data science, geography and/or other attributes.
- Apply email and digital marketing best practices to determine new opportunities that will improve the customer experience.
- Champion best practices with key stakeholders ensuring vested interest in the success of lifecycle programs.
- Track competitive and trends and surface insights that will help us continue to grow and innovate as a marketing team.
- At least 3-5 years of relevant marketing experience, with a track record of managing marketing and various types of customer lifecycle programs (new customer acquisition, loyalty/retention programs, lapsed users, etc.)
- Experience executing in marketing channels including email, SMS, push, and digital advertising.
- Has backbone, challenges the status quo, and pushes for the best customer experience.
- Analytical mindset with experience delving into reporting and data to identify trends and manage to data. Experience translating those numbers into business insights and hypotheses.
- Effective at planning and prioritizing.
- Creative problem solver with a history of performance excellence with a balance of big-picture thinking and detailed execution.
- Strong track record of developing and maintaining highly collaborative cross-functional relationships and a demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional initiatives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to communicate marketing messages and concepts through various mediums.
- Ability to work with well under pressure while maintaining good attitude.
- Internally motivated and enjoy working independently, as well as collaboratively, in a team environment
- Salesforce experience is preferred but not required
Working for Ancestry
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry.com as a result of the referral or through other means.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. (REF1036N)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.