Senior Paralegal, Product and Marketing
- 153 Townsend St, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA
Ancestry’s dynamic and evolving Legal Team is seeking a full-time Product and Marketing Paralegal to provide legal support to product, engineering and marketing teams. In this position, you will work with product and marketing legal counsel to help support Ancestry’s family history and DNA products and services through all stages of development and marketing, from concept to launch. You will work closely with product, engineering and marketing teams to ensure that each offering complies with both internal processes and external regulations in areas including privacy, e-commerce, license compliance, and other consumer regulations. In addition, you will review marketing materials, and prepare and negotiate a wide variety of agreements, including non-disclosure agreements, consent agreements, content licenses, and marketing consulting agreements.
- Review products and services to identify and resolve privacy, e-commerce and other issues.
- Review marketing communications and advertising copy.
- Prepare documents from standard templates with limited attorney supervision.
- Draft responsive comments and edits to agreements.
- Negotiate certain terms with vendors, using prepared guidance.
- Drive key efficiency projects in designated area of responsibility.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent; computer science or engineering degree a plus
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience providing legal support for consumer or on-line services.
- Experience with privacy or internet service compliance issues.
- The ability to draft and negotiate contracts.
- Desire to take on greater responsibilities as skills enhance.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively both in writing and
- Excellent organization and analytical skills
- Strong computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Confluence
Working for Ancestry
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are. For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry.com as a result of the referral or through other means. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.