Software Engineering Manager
- Lehi, UT, USA
Ancestry, the global leader in family history and consumer genomics, harnesses the information found in family trees, historical records and DNA to help people gain a new level of understanding about their lives. Ancestry has more than 2.5 million paying subscribers across its core Ancestry websites and approximately 5 million DNA samples in the AncestryDNA database.
Ancestry is seeking a Software Engineering Manager to join our platforms team. In this role, you will deliver innovative products and services at a rapid pace, enabling our development teams to serve our Ancestry customers seamlessly across physical, digital, mobile, and social media. As such you will lead the experiences in engineering a platform that provides services and frameworks to developers as a secure, scalable and highly available platform by using a variety of technologies such as AWS, k8s, Docker and Java.
Ever wondered what it takes to build and deliver a highly available, global scale enterprise wide platform with an open source technology stack that simplifies building applications via frameworks such as web-ui kits, style kits and dev libs allowing the uniform delivery of production ready applications for end-users. Further, ever imagined yourself to deliver a developer centric and open platform that provides shared services such as secrets management, authentication, notification, caching and content delivery. And lastly ever envisioned yourself to build out an automation platform that enables the seamless, highly available and scalable application deployment through continuous delivery and end2end provisioning. Then join our platforms team if you have the talent and desire to do so
- Build, manage and lead a team of highly talented software engineers
- Provide guidelines and best-practices for aspects of software development
- Lead the team in cloud scale architecture, design and development of systems, services and frameworks.
- Develop deep understanding of tie-ins with other systems and platforms
- Build partnerships across the organization.
- Develop individuals of the team through career progression opportunities and direct feedback.
- Works closely with product owners on feature sets that impact platform, services and frameworks
- Experienced with leading a team of world-class software engineers that can design and implement distributed applications, APIs or frameworks, CI/CD. Ideally you have led teams in building developer platforms in a previous role.
- Bachelor's in CS required. Master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience, is preferred
- Must have a minimum of 8 years of hands on software development, preferably in Java or Python or GoLang, ideally contributed to open source projects and Linux savvy.
- 2+ years of leading development teams
- Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and to articulate solutions, to think abstractly and deal with problems
- Demonstrated willingness to learn new technologies, and takes pride in how fast they develop working software
Ancestry Inc. is interested in you and we are dedicated to building a diverse workforce with equal opportunities for employment.
By applying for this position you will be supplying personal information to Ancestry Information Operations Company of 52-55 Sir John Rogersons Quay, Dublin 2, Ireland. Your information will also be shared with other companies within the Ancestry group. Your information will be used to assess your suitability for the advertised position. We also will retain the information you provide and use it to consider you for future vacancies and may contact you if such positions arise. If you want us to delete your information at any time please write to the HR team at the above address.
Please note: we do not require assistance from 3rd party recruitment companies at this time