- W Traverse Pkwy, Lehi, UT 84043, USA
AncestryDNA is seeking a motivated and talented individual with several years experience in bioinformatics or a related field. Working with a collaborative and nimble team, the successful applicant will partner with scientists, laboratory operations staff, and engineers to develop new technologies/protocols for improving and scaling genomic data production and analysis. The position may be located in either Lehi, UT or San Francisco, CA, depending on applicant preference.
What you will do:
- You’ll be developing tools, analytical pipelines and data management software for executing genomic analyses from array and NGS platforms.
- You will work with a group of scientists in an integrated environment dedicated to state-of-the-art genetic testing services.
- You’ll have the opportunity to make tangible contributions to the ongoing development and implementation of new assay design, QC/QA and validation strategies.
- PhD, or Masters in bioinformatics, genome informatics, computational biology, computer science, biostatistics, or a related field with a minimum of 2 years of experience
- Strong programming skills, preferably including Python.
- Demonstrated proficiency working with large datasets in a distributed computing environment is highly desirable.
- Experience building reproducible workflows/pipelines in a cloud environment is a plus.
- Experience with relational and/or noSQL databases is also a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills will be needed in our collaborative and fast-paced team.
- Proven experience deploying tools for genomic data analysis, integration and visualization.
Ancestry is a profitable, growing company with a positive, high-energy environment. Together, our dedicated teams are harnessing the power of technology and using it to simplify the way people connect with their families and their unique legacies. Our work environment is fast-paced and challenging, but also extremely exciting. You’ll work with a team of passionate, engaged individuals. We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related thereto), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, age (40 and older), mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law. The Company also makes reasonable accommodations to applicants or employees with qualifying disabilities who request them and who otherwise meet the requirements of applicable law. If you would like to request an accommodation during the application process, please contact our Director of Recruiting.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.