Associate Genealogist - Irish Research
- 324 State St, Salt Lake City, UT 84111, USA
This is a professional position with potential for significant growth in the organization for the right candidate. The Associate Genealogist works with Research Managers to research, document, and prepare client sessions.
Key Responsibilities / Performance Requirements:
- Provide clerical and research assistance to professional genealogists
- Format and conduct preliminary proofing of reports
- Create image templates and assemble client deliverable (electronic and hard-copy)
- Working in a team of professional researchers
- Collect and organize data and complete accurate data entry
- Accredited or are working towards accreditation or certification (Preferred)
- 1 to 2 years of professional genealogical experience in Irish records and U.S. records concerning emigrants from Ireland
- Type 55 wpm
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Manage and prioritize several tasks simultaneously, well organized
- Great attention to details
Ancestry is a profitable, growing company with a positive, high-energy environment. Together, our dedicated teams are harnessing the power of technology and using it to simplify the way people connect with their families and their unique legacies. Our work environment is fast-paced and challenging, but also extremely exciting. You’ll work with a team of passionate, engaged individuals. We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related thereto), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, age (40 and older), mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law. The Company also makes reasonable accommodations to applicants or employees with qualifying disabilities who request them and who otherwise meet the requirements of applicable law. If you would like to request an accommodation during the application process, please contact our Director of Recruiting.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.