- 153 Townsend St, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA
We are growing our Marketing Data Science team in San Francisco. We are looking for an applied economist to join and help grow this exciting team.
By joining this team, you will be a member of the global Data Science & Machine Learning Team, tackling our toughest and most exciting data science challenges.
- Help the firm make better choices in product innovation, increase customer success, optimize marketing spending, and more across both our family history and consumer genomics businesses
- Apply econometric modeling to simplify complex business problems
- Grow our profit through development of best-in-class causal inference capabilities: you will be the resident expert on matching methods, regression discontinuity design, instrumental variables and difference-in-differences estimation
- Ph.D. in Economics, Applied Economics, or Agricultural Economics required, preferably with concentrations in labor, welfare, IO, or a dissertation that makes good use of applied micro-econometrics.
- Working experience in the field desired, but we’re flexible on what counts (if you did consulting before or during grad school, mention it; if you have a few years post-degree, we are especially interested in what you did; our wish list, our estimate of your reservation wage, and the job title for this position will be adjusted accordingly).
- Expertise in statistical computation (in a pinch, you will have to write your own estimators; if you have relevant examples of past work, we would like to see them).
- Proven track record of completing multiple estimation projects end to end, from idea generation to objectives formulation to implementation and deliverables.
- Fluency in R, Python, Stata or MATLAB required
- Fluency in SQL is required
- Experience in Scala or Java also a plus
- Experience with SPARK would be nice
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Highly skilled at translating business requirements from key stakeholders into work plans
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means .
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.