Director of Scientific Communications
- 153 Townsend St, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA
Ancestry, the global leader in family history and consumer genomics, harnesses the information found in family trees, historical records and DNA to help people gain a new level of understanding about their lives. Ancestry has more than 2.5 million paying subscribers across its core Ancestry websites and approximately 5 million DNA samples in the AncestryDNA database.
We are looking for a PhD-level biotechnology professional with demonstrated ability to implement and drive scientific communications strategy externally, as well as across the organization to be our Director, Scientific Communications. The successful candidate will be a highly skilled communicator, functioning in multi-disciplinary team of scientists. In addition, the successful candidate will have demonstrated success developing cross-disciplinary working relationships with internal and external stakeholders as well as key opinion leaders. The Director, Scientific Communications will have a proven ability to lead teams in producing quality documents in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and be knowledgeable in all aspects of the scientific efforts.
- Identify strategic opportunities for internal and external communication and education
- Identify, develop and maintain relationships with key internal and external partners
- Collaborate with various internal partners to accurately describe and report scientific studies
- Creatively and scientifically contribute to and confirm accuracy of internal and consumer-facing materials
- Work collaboratively with team members to generate reports and scientific content for internal and consumer-facing materials
- Hold a Ph.D. in a Biological Sciences, Human Genetics, Computational Biology, or related field
- 5+ years of experience communicating and writing about complex scientific problems to internal and external stakeholders
- Have proven ability to write articles, help documentation, and blog posts, among others, that clearly, accurately and concisely present scientific methods and results
- 5+ years managing teams and complex, inter-dependent projects
- Outstanding writing, oral and interpersonal skills required.
Ancestry Inc. is interested in you and we are dedicated to building a diverse workforce with equal opportunities for employment.
By applying for this position you will be supplying personal information to Ancestry Information Operations Company of 52-55 Sir John Rogersons Quay, Dublin 2, Ireland. Your information will also be shared with other companies within the Ancestry group. Your information will be used to assess your suitability for the advertised position. We also will retain the information you provide and use it to consider you for future vacancies and may contact you if such positions arise. If you want us to delete your information at any time please write to the HR team at the above address.
Please note: we do not require assistance from 3rd party recruitment companies at this time