Content Marketing Design, Intern
- 153 Townsend St, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA
Ancestry is currently seeking highly motivated, internet-savvy interns who can work full-time for 12-16 weeks during Summer 2018. Our summer internships allow you the freedom to experience impactful business projects that allow you to develop your talents. You will enjoy mentorship, and experience challenging work all while receiving fantastic pay, fully-paid temporary housing, and having a lot of fun—we have it all. Oh, and did we mention the possibility of full-time employment once you graduate?
From Engineering to Marketing, UX Design, DNA Science, Product and more, we’re looking for fresh minds and diverse ideas with an interest in connecting families and technology. Come join a diverse company of enthusiastic, talented, smart, and very passionate people who bring their A-game each day.
Internship Project Description
If you are passionate about editorial, design, and video content, this will be an incredible experience for you. You will work in a professional environment and have ample opportunity to network with department heads and other professionals within your discipline. The Content Marketing Design intern will work on the Performance Display Media & Content Marketing team, with the Senior Content Marketing Manager and Content Marketing Coordinator.
This is what you will do….
- Adapt and edit some of the high quality visual and video content produced in-house and by partners and agencies, for digital distribution purposes
- Create visual content for our content marketing team to effectively tell stories that attract, engage and ultimately convert audiences via our blog. This visual content could include illustrations of both simple and complex ideas, graphs, infographics, and interactive graphics.
- Channel your creativity and knowledge of design and UX best practices to create engaging images and video content that engages and inspires audiences and ultimately drives conversions.
- Learn more about digital marketing and the art and science of creating visual content that is a cornerstone of a cutting-edge digital marketing strategy.
Tasks & deliverables:
- Brainstorm ideas for various types of content including long-form, quizzes, interactive graphics, etc. and help execute on select ideas.
- Assist with the content pipeline, queuing up content to be published, with initial proofing and layout-related editing.
- Contribute to the development of the design elements within blog posts, including images for the blog post content and promotion.
- Connect with other teams, such as the Creative team, on performance marketing content, facilitated through our regular meetings with those teams.
- Work closely with the media buyers to understand what is working and what is not and working to, along with the content marketing team, apply their insights to help drive stronger performance.
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s, master’s or post-doc level degree
- Must be currently enrolled in a university and graduating after Summer 2018
- You will work in a professional environment and have ample opportunity to network with department heads and other professionals within your discipline and across the company.
Ancestry is a profitable, growing company with a positive, high-energy environment. Together, our dedicated teams are harnessing the power of technology and using it to simplify the way people connect with their families and their unique legacies. Our work environment is fast-paced and challenging, but also extremely exciting. You’ll work with a team of passionate, engaged individuals. We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related thereto), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, age (40 and older), mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law. The Company also makes reasonable accommodations to applicants or employees with qualifying disabilities who request them and who otherwise meet the requirements of applicable law. If you would like to request an accommodation during the application process, please contact our Director of Recruiting.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.