Product Manager, Marketing Technology
- 1300 W Traverse Pkwy, Lehi, UT 84043, USA
Ancestry, the global leader in family history and consumer genomics, harnesses the information found in family trees, historical records and DNA to help people gain a new level of understanding about their lives. Ancestry has more than 2.5 million paying subscribers across its core Ancestry websites and approximately 5 million DNA samples in the AncestryDNA database.
Ancestry is looking for an exceptional Product Manager with strong bias for action who can help realize our vision of enabling consumer engagement through personalization at scale across all marketing channels. You will lead the product direction of Marketing Technologies that will unlock critical customer value across Ancestry. In this role, you will focus on understanding the needs of our marketers and leveraging your marketing technology expertise to build a cohesive marketing eco-system to enable more relevant, personalized experiences for our customers.
With your solid understanding of the marketing landscape, coupled with deep knowledge of SDLC (Software development lifecycle) and Agile methodologies, you will plan and execute on above vision to deliver tangible customer value iteratively. If you are someone who looks at disconnected systems, user interfaces, processes, and marketing campaign efforts as an opportunity to connect, iterate, and learn from, then this is a great role for you.
This position is based in the Lehi, Utah office and reports to our Director, Product Management for Marketing Technology.
What you will do:
- Work closely with marketing to understand business goals and come up with innovative product solutions to provide a strong end customer experience and deliver against marketing metrics and objectives.
- Drive continuous product improvements and inform the product roadmap with new ideas based on ongoing research, emerging standards, market/competitive analysis, and product performance, providing strategic direction to teams of engineers
- Write user stories and prioritize the backlog for engineering teams building and implementing marketing technology using agile methodologies
- Define success metrics and reporting needs to monitor post-launch performance to drive incremental improvements
- Communicate, collaborate and work effectively with business partners in other organizations, guiding cross-functional teams to ensure all teams are coordinated throughout the product development process
- Represent your team in communication with marketing, engineering, and product leadership.
- You will have 3 years of product management experience with marketing technology, preferably in a consumer-focused environment
- Experience working in marketing areas such as CRM, Performance Media, Social Listening, Customer Behavior, Marketing Analytics, and/or Content Management Systems
- Experience with following tools/areas is highly desired:
CMS - LifeRay, Episerver, Magnolia
CRM - Salesforce Marketing Cloud/Exact Target (highly desired), Responsys, HubSpot, Marketo
Customer Behavior Tracking & A/B Testing - Adobe Analytics and Adobe Test & Target (highly desired), Teallium, Google Analytics
- Experience with scalable, personalized marketing programs with multi-channel campaigns
- Experience with software development life cycle using agile methodology, in a product owner role
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, computer science, or similar discipline.
- Experience with family history or DNA preferred
Ancestry Inc. is interested in you and we are dedicated to building a diverse workforce with equal opportunities for employment.
By applying for this position you will be supplying personal information to Ancestry Information Operations Company of 52-55 Sir John Rogersons Quay, Dublin 2, Ireland. Your information will also be shared with other companies within the Ancestry group. Your information will be used to assess your suitability for the advertised position. We also will retain the information you provide and use it to consider you for future vacancies and may contact you if such positions arise. If you want us to delete your information at any time please write to the HR team at the above address.
Please note: we do not require assistance from 3rd party recruitment companies at this time