Content Systems Product Manager, Intern
- 1300 W Traverse Pkwy, Lehi, UT 84043, USA
Ancestry is currently seeking highly motivated, internet-savvy interns who can work full-time for 12-16 weeks during Summer 2018. Our summer internships allow you the freedom to experience impactful business projects that allow you to develop your talents. You will enjoy mentorship, and experience challenging work all while receiving fantastic pay, fully-paid temporary housing, and having a lot of fun—we have it all. Oh, and did we mention the possibility of full-time employment once you graduate?
From Engineering to Marketing, UX Design, DNA Science, Product and more, we’re looking for fresh minds and diverse ideas with an interest in connecting families and technology. You will work in a professional environment and have ample opportunity to network with department heads and other professionals within your discipline and across the company Come join a diverse company of enthusiastic, talented, smart, and very passionate people who bring their A-game each day.
Internship Project Description
This is what you will do….
There are over 90 stacks comprised of over 100k lines of code that have been maintained and support by a team of 4 engineers for the past couple of years. Many of these systems haven’t been enhanced since 2014, some go back to 2008 or earlier. There is a lot of work to not only lift and shift these stacks, but to discover opportunities to combine, simplify, and improve the tools that are such a vital part of the content publishing pipeline. To accelerate this migration a Product Intern would work on the Content Systems team to help drive the effort to migrate the existing stacks from .NET to the Cloud. The intern should be pursuing bachelor’s degree, ideally computer science, Information Systems, or similar discipline with a Master’s in Information Systems preferred.
Tasks & deliverables:
- Author product stories, tasks and acceptance criteria for scrum teams; own the backlog
- Partner with other product managers and engineers to understand the content systems needs and identify the appropriate deliverables and SLAs for those services in Ancestry.
- The ability to communicate status to PM partners and product leadership to understand key metrics and project state.
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s, master’s or Ph.D. level degree
- Must be currently enrolled in a university and graduating after Summer 2018
- Smart, creative, driven and able to deliver results quickly in autonomous environment
- Self-starter, highly organized, and able to work well with individuals at all levels and across functions
- Strong organizational and product management skills with a good understanding of project management
- Effective communications skills (written and oral), presentation techniques, meeting mechanics, and team building skills
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- An understanding of data science and machine learning
Ancestry is a profitable, growing company with a positive, high-energy environment. Together, our dedicated teams are harnessing the power of technology and using it to simplify the way people connect with their families and their unique legacies. Our work environment is fast-paced and challenging, but also extremely exciting. You’ll work with a team of passionate, engaged individuals. We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related thereto), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, age (40 and older), mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law. The Company also makes reasonable accommodations to applicants or employees with qualifying disabilities who request them and who otherwise meet the requirements of applicable law. If you would like to request an accommodation during the application process, please contact our Director of Recruiting.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.