Clinical Validity Scientist
- 153 Townsend St, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA
You will be an integral part of a team consisting of population geneticists, epidemiologists, laboratory scientists and product development specialists, generating and communicating impactful insights involving personalized genomics.
What you will do:
- Evaluate the clinical and scientific validity of various genetic markers associated with health and wellness.
- Create content to communicate information to the general population concerning genetic markers associated with health and wellness.
- Defining principles and guidelines to insure accuracy and comprehension of the reported information, while maintaining an engaging and educational experience for the customer.
- Develop and iterate upon ways to convey residual risk, uncertainties, evolution of knowledge, heritability and association vs causation.
- Develop and evaluate survey data to identify and validate genetic associations.
- Design and review study data concerning the comprehension of provided information
- You have a minimum of 3 years’ professional experience in communicating genetic and risk information (post Graduation)
- Have your Masters or PhD in Genetic Counseling, Human Genetics, Behavioral Sciences with genetics experience, or related field
- Experienced working in a regulated or clinical environment (preferred, not required)
- Would be nice to have experience in Phenotypic survey data creation and evaluation (not required)
- Demonstrated the ability to work in cross-functional teams as a strong team player as well as independently.
- A successful history and ability to handle several fast-paced projects concurrently.
- Great communication, writing and presentation skills to Scientific and non-Scientific audiences.
Ancestry is a profitable, growing company with a positive, high-energy environment. Together, our dedicated teams are harnessing the power of technology and using it to simplify the way people connect with their families and their unique legacies. Our work environment is fast-paced and challenging, but also extremely exciting. You’ll work with a team of passionate, engaged individuals. We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related thereto), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, age (40 and older), mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law. The Company also makes reasonable accommodations to applicants or employees with qualifying disabilities who request them and who otherwise meet the requirements of applicable law. If you would like to request an accommodation during the application process, please contact our Director of Recruiting.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.