UI Developer, Search
- 1300 W Traverse Pkwy, Lehi, UT 84043, USA
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means
Who We Are:
Our team works on exciting new ways for our customers to discover their ancestors by providing the user interface that allows them to search Ancestry’s 10 petabytes of data including 20 billion records and 90 million family trees. With more than 75 million searches being performed daily, we fill a key role in Ancestry’s mission of helping people discover, preserve, and share their family history.
In this role, you will be responsible for designing and implementing secure, scalable and highly available user interfaces in Ancestry’s web search application with a variety of technologies including Node.js, Dust.js, MySqL, Docker, and Kubernetes. Join our team if you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative user interfaces at a rapid pace in an agile development environment.
- Interpret and implement features and designs provided by product owners and user interface designers
- Write readable and maintainable code and unit tests and participate in regular code reviews and testing
- Debug and eliminate software defects both in new codebases and in legacy codebases
- Write code that is scalable and performant under load
- Write code that is secure—e.g. not vulnerable to SQL injection or cross-site scripting attacks
- Seek feedback from other engineers and accept feedback in a positive manner
- Foster collaboration through open, earnest communication
- Maintain an understanding of industry best practices, tools, programming languages and technique. Keep current with new developments in the industry.
Who you are:
- Familiar with HTTP and network protocols and web architecture
- Understand web APIs and REST services
- Understand data formats used for data transfer in web applications and services
- Able to troubleshoot and debug complex issues
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or a related field is required
Any of the following is a BIG plus:
- AngularJs, ASP.NET
- Experience with AWS
- Agile/SCRUM development
- TDD or BDD
- Design patterns and principles
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.