Director, Product Management, DNA Platform
- 153 Townsend St, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA
Ancestry seeks a talented Director, Product Management, DNA Platform to join our team. This critical role focuses on building a suite of new DNA products to help consumers learn more about who they are and where they come from. These products rely on new innovative ways of leveraging our genomic database and genetic network.
Leading a small team of highly talented product managers, you will drive the efforts to scale our bioinformatics systems that enable compelling user experiences from our DNA platform and other data sources. Collaborating with our DNA Science, data science, and software development teams, you will define the strategy and roadmap for our DNA platform and lead the team that delivers science-driven experiences that delight consumers.
This position reports to our VP of Product and is based in our San Francisco, California office.
What you will do
Provide product management leadership that will:
- Drive the growth of our genomic platform capabilities and enrich our consumer experiences with scientific insights
- Develop a stellar team of product managers that will enable our platform to scale and our product to delight a broader set of users
- Collaborate with our DNA Science and Data Science teams to develop, test and release a portfolio of product innovations that engage our users
- Partner with design and engineering leaders to build experiences that drive user behavior
- Adhere to the highest standards in security and privacy principles in the design, development, and operation of the platform
- Partner with product, technology, and science leadership as well as marketing and C-Level executives to evangelize product strategy and gather feedback.
- Establish a robust framework for A/B or multivariate testing in collaboration with colleagues in product analytics and consumer insight
Who You Are
You are a strategic thinker who can effectively envision and communicate the big picture, identify how to best fit into it, and empower the team to deliver. You also have the following skills and experiences:
- Minimum of 8+ years of product management experience delivering and scaling complex, deep data, web based consumer focused, data science products or services, and a minimum of 4 years of product management leadership experience managing, mentoring and growing successful product managers, as well as a minimum of 4 years of scaling platforms with tens of millions of users
- Experience with consumer-focused, cloud-based architecture and large scale, clustered systems highly desired
- Must have developed product roadmaps based on machine learning concepts and other data science technologies.
- Must have developed platforms that enable delivery of innovative consumer products and/or services
- Ideal candidates will have a combination of successfully building products in an entrepreneurial setting as well as worked in larger, more complex product organization
- Agility and resilience to work in an environment that is continuously evolving as genomic discoveries push the envelope of what we can learn and discern about our genetic and historical family histories
- Ability to tie business goals to features, prioritize and sequence feature work; and ability to identify and articulate trade offs
- Demonstrated track record of effectively communicating, presenting complex concepts at all levels of the organization that enable solid understanding of business and product objectives and influence the delivery of these objectives
- Bachelor's Degree in related field required
Helping people discover their story is at the heart of ours. Ancestry is the largest provider of family history and personal DNA testing, harnessing a powerful combination of information, science and technology to help people discover their family history and stories that were never possible before. Ancestry’s suite of products includes: AncestryDNA, AncestryProGenealogists, Fold3, Newspapers.com, Find a Grave, Archives.com, and Rootsweb.
We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers.
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry.com as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related thereto), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, age (40 and older), mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law. The Company also makes reasonable accommodations to applicants or employees with qualifying disabilities who request them and who otherwise meet the requirements of applicable law. If you would like to request an accommodation during the application process, please contact our Director of Recruiting. (REF1046G)
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.