Financial Analyst - DNA
- W Traverse Pkwy, Lehi, UT 84043, USA
Ancestry is looking for a talented Accounting Analyst – focusing on the rapidly growing DNA Business. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who has Oracle, Accounting and Tableau experience. The focus of this role will be to provide analytical support to the accounting team by increasing the visibility of operational metrics, performing in-depth analysis regarding the DNA operations business, and analyzing revenue and costs to ensure they are following new accounting standards. This will be a data intensive role that requires a strong analytical and technical skill set. It will also be important to be able to communicate clearly via verbal presentation as well as visualization/reporting. This position will directly support and report to the accounting team.
- Design and prepare analytics to assist accounting team in analyzing DNA business revenues and costs
- Query Oracle Applications related to DNA business
- Provide financial analysis that is necessary to drive growth and operational efficiencies including; historical revenue and cost analysis through extensive data analysis and research, management review of budget/prior period vs. actual results and trend analysis
- Develop and maintain reports using Tableau and Excel for flexible end-user reporting and analysis
- Assist with monthly accounting close needs
- Work with other teams to understand and develop business requirements
- Perform QA and testing
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles, systems and processes
- 2+ years’ experience in FP&A with strong data analysis skills
- Experience working with large sets of data
- Tableau, Advanced Excel, and basic report writing skills;
- Detailed oriented with a strong organizational and analytic skills
- Oracle and IBM TM1 proficiency preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Proven ability to retrieve sources of information from the different tables and views
- Accountable for meeting delivery dates on assigned projects and tasks
Working for Ancestry.com
Ancestry.com is a profitable, growing company with a positive, high-energy environment. Together, our dedicated teams are harnessing the power of technology and using it to simplify the way people connect with their families and their unique legacies. Our work environment is fast-paced and challenging, but also extremely exciting. You’ll work with a team of passionate, engaged individuals. We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers
Ancestry.com is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry.com via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry.com. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry.com as a result of the referral or through other means.
ll your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.