- 153 Townsend St, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means
Who We Are:
Our team works on exciting new ways for our customers to contribute to genetic research and acquire new insights on how their genes play a role in defining who they are. With our unprecedented genomic database we are combining user-centric design with scalable technical solutions that will enable both genetic researchers and consumers to make new discoveries every day.
In this role, you will be responsible for designing and implement secure, scalable and highly available microservices and applications as part of Ancestry service platform with a variety of technologies such as NodeJs, Docker, Kubernetes React and Redux . Join our platforms team if you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative products and services at a rapid pace, serving our Ancestry customers seamlessly across physical, digital, mobile, and social media.
- Owns technical aspects of software development
- Performs hands-on cloud scale architecture, design and development of systems and services and frameworks
- Develops deep understanding of tie-ins with other systems and platforms
- Writes code and unit tests, works on API specs, automation, and conducts code reviews and testing
- Identifies opportunities to adopt innovative technologies
- Identifies continuous improvements for service availability
- Works closely with product owners on feature sets that impact platform, services and frameworks
- Mentor Junior engineering in the team
- Works with UX & product owners to prioritize features for ongoing sprints and managing a list of technical requirements based on industry trends, new technologies, known defects, and issues
Who you are:
- 3+ years experience in software development ideally contributed to open source projects
- Experience in designing and implementing large-scale web application, APIs and frameworks
- Proficient with architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web application (e.g., well-designed APIs, high volume data pipelines, efficient algorithms)
- Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and to articulate solutions
- Ability to enable business capabilities through innovation
- Ability to mentor other engineers
- Bachelor's in CS required. Master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical disciplines, or equivalent work experience, is preferred
Any of the following is a BIG plus:
- Contribution to open source projects
- Experience with AWS: EC2, S3, ECS, RDS
- Experience with HIPAA compliance
- Front-end experience: Webpack
Helping people discover their story is at the heart of ours. Ancestry is the largest provider of family history and personal DNA testing, harnessing a powerful combination of information, science and technology to help people discover their family history and stories that were never possible before. Ancestry’s suite of products includes: AncestryDNA, AncestryProGenealogists, Fold3, Newspapers.com, Find a Grave, Archives.com, and Rootsweb.
We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.