- Townsend St, San Francisco, CA, USA
AncestryDNA is seeking a motivated and talented Statistical Geneticist with experience in statistical method development and theoretical statistics in conjunction with genetic data. Working with a diverse team of population geneticists, computer scientists and epidemiologists, the Senior Statistical Geneticist will develop novel statistical methods for modeling genotypes from over 7 million individuals and phenotypes and metadata from billions of historical documents and pedigrees. The successful candidate will be eager to analyze and integrate these data sources to provide meaningful genomic discoveries for consumers.
- Ph.D. in Statistics, Biostatistics, Statistical Genetics, or related field, with at least 3 years of post-doctoral experience; 1-3 years of industry experience a plus
- Mastery of theoretical and applied statistics
- Extensive experience in the development of statistical methods; application of these methods to large genomic datasets is a plus
- Computational research experience in analyzing human genetic and phenotypic data, particularly in diverse populations
- Excellent coding and computational skills in Python and R in a Linux environment; C/C++ is a plus
- Desire and ability to develop and execute on novel research projects in the field
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills for our collaborative and fast-paced team environment
Ancestry is a profitable, growing company with a positive, high-energy environment. Together, our dedicated teams are harnessing the power of technology and using it to simplify the way people connect with their families and their unique legacies. Our work environment is fast-paced and challenging, but also extremely exciting. You’ll work with a team of passionate, engaged individuals. We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related thereto), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, age (40 and older), mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law. The Company also makes reasonable accommodations to applicants or employees with qualifying disabilities who request them and who otherwise meet the requirements of applicable law. If you would like to request an accommodation during the application process, please contact our Director of Recruiting.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.