Senior/Product Manager, SEO
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Ancestry is looking for an exceptional Product Manager with strong bias for action who can help realize our vision of enabling consumer engagement through personalization at scale across all marketing channels. You will use your SEO expertise to lead the product direction of Marketing Technologies that will unlock critical customer value across Ancestry. In this role, you will focus on SEO and leveraging your marketing technology expertise to build a cohesive marketing eco-system to enable more relevant, personalized experiences for our customers.
With your solid understanding of the marketing landscape, coupled with deep knowledge of SDLC (Software development lifecycle), SEO, and Agile methodologies, you will plan and execute on above vision to deliver tangible customer value iteratively. If you are someone who looks at disconnected systems, user interfaces, processes, and marketing campaign efforts as an opportunity to connect, iterate, and learn from, then this is a great role for you.
This position is based in the San Francisco office and reports to our Director, Product Management for Marketing Technology.
What you will do:
- Work closely with marketing to understand business goals and come up with innovative product solutions to provide a strong end customer experience and deliver against marketing metrics and objectives.
- Drive continuous product improvements and inform the product roadmap with new ideas based on ongoing research, emerging standards, market/competitive analysis, and product performance, providing strategic direction to teams of engineers
- Write user stories and prioritize the backlog for engineering teams building and implementing marketing technology using agile methodologies
- Define success metrics and reporting needs to monitor post-launch performance to drive incremental improvements
- Communicate, collaborate and work effectively with business partners in other organizations, guiding cross-functional teams to ensure all teams are coordinated throughout the product development process
- Represent your team in communication with marketing, engineering, and product leadership.
- You will have a minimum of 5 years of product management experience with marketing technology, preferably in a consumer-focused environment with a focus on SEO
- Experience working in marketing areas such as CRM, Performance Media, Social Listening, Customer Behavior, Marketing Analytics, and/or Content Management Systems
- Experience with following tools/areas is highly desired:
- CMS - LifeRay, Episerver, Magnolia
- CRM - Salesforce Marketing Cloud/Exact Target (highly desired), Responsys, HubSpot, Marketo
- Customer Behavior Tracking & A/B Testing - Adobe Analytics and Adobe Test & Target (highly desired), Teallium, Google Analytics
- Experience with scalable, personalized marketing programs with multi-channel campaigns
- Experience with software development life cycle using agile methodology, in a product owner role
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, computer science, or similar discipline.
- Experience with family history or DNA preferred
- Helping people discover their story is at the heart of ours. Ancestry is the largest provider of family history and personal DNA testing, harnessing a powerful combination of information, science, and technology to help people discover their family history and stories that were never possible before. Ancestry’s suite of products includes: AncestryDNA, AncestryProGenealogists, Fold3, Newspapers.com, Find a Grave, Archives.com, and Rootsweb.
- We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers. (REF)
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry.com as a result of the referral or through other means.