FP&A Sr. Manager, Payments Operations and Customer Retention
- Lehi, UT, USA
You will lead a small, but passionate, team focused on Payments Operations and Customer Retention as part of the Financial Planning and Analysis organization. This highly visible role will drive the global roadmap for payment processing and fraud prevention from vision through strategy and execution. In addition, this role supports the forecasting and analysis of our large and growing subscriber base. This includes monitoring trends and partnering with Marketing and Product to drive improved retention and visibility.
- Set global roadmap & strategy for payment processing and fraud prevention worldwide
- Partner with cross-functional teams including Product, Engineering, Finance and Analytics to design and build tools supporting our payment infrastructure and improve customer retention
- Focus on building processes to ensure we scale payments efficiently
- Execute against our tokenization, authorization success, acceptance, renewals, recycling and payments cost process goals
- Define, monitor, analyze and forecast payments and retention related metrics with a focus on accuracy, automation and transparency
- Ensure we are laser focused on building a platform that can scale with Ancestry’s growth objectives
- Manage relationships with new and existing payments vendors
- Identify areas of risk and develop plans to communicate/mitigate those risks
- B.S. or Master’s Degree in Math, Finance, or Sciences or a related academic field required
- Minimum 7 years as a process-oriented, results-driven, problem-solving, self-starter who has global e-commerce payments or B2C subscription experience
- Experience collaborating with product development, UX, Compliance & Legal, Finance, and Marketing, and Engineering teams.
- Must have experience with reporting and visualization tools like Tableau
- Project management skills
- Advanced Excel, PowerPoint, pivot table, SQL, report building skills
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fun, fast-pace environment
- Experience with IBM Planning Analytics or similar planning tool a plus
- Excellent analytical skills, the ability to perform complex financial analyses and modeling
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate and engage with all levels of an organization.
- Helping people discover their story is at the heart of ours. Ancestry is the largest provider of family history and personal DNA testing, harnessing a powerful combination of information, science, and technology to help people discover their family history and stories that were never possible before. Ancestry’s suite of products includes: AncestryDNA, AncestryProGenealogists, Fold3, Newspapers.com, Find a Grave, Archives.com, and Rootsweb.
- We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers. (REF)
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry.com as a result of the referral or through other means.