Director, Product, Data Platform (Big Data / Machine Learning)
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Ancestry seeks a talented Director of Product Management to lead our Data platform team. This a critical leadership role at Ancestry as the majority of strategic priorities of the company touch data. We are looking for a product leader to lead the data platform into the future to stay ahead of the company’s explosive growth. Deep understanding of machine learning infrastructure and data needs is critical.
Our product leaders are customer champions—driving innovation and customer value at scale. We are looking for someone with a strong sense of product ownership and drive, coupled with a strong passion for technology and innovation.
What you will do:
- Provide leadership for product vision, strategy, roadmap, requirements, prioritization for all aspects of Data platform
- Collaborate with engineering and product management teams throughout the product development lifecycle to ensure clarity of requirement and to make scope tradeoff decisions.
- Communicate frequently with key stakeholders across Product, Engineering, Marketing, Legal, Infosec, Compliance, Finance, etc
- Grow and develop a team of growth-minded product managers
- Define, track and improve key product metrics
- Support senior leadership in ongoing change management, improving product management, product development, and project management practices.
Data team is split between San Francisco, CA and Lehi, UT. Some travel is required
Who you are:
- 10+ years in product management or related role, with demonstrated experience (minimum 5 years) in leading product management team
- Strong knowledge of Big Data, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, IaaS , PaaS and Ci/Cd technologies leveraging Kubernetes, docker containerization. Experience with a leading Cloud Provider such as AWS, Azure or Google or/and Hadoop distribution vendors such as Cloudera, Hortonworks, MapR
- Experience with middleware (application development and integration) products and technologies – Data Integration, ETL, EAI, Enterprise Service Bus, Service Orchestration, BPM, Web and Application Servers, User Interface.
- Experience with data management products and technologies – Data Quality, Information LifeCycle, Data Governance, Analytics, Master Data Management
- Experience in driving the success of both mature, stable products as well as new and innovative product concepts
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and presentation skills; solid business acumen; well- honed influencing skills are essential, especially the ability to clearly articulate and present the product value proposition to customers and partners
- Proven organizational and project management skills; ability to multi-task and work on several assignments concurrently required
- Self-motivated and team-oriented; able to work both autonomously and effectively as part of a geographically dispersed team
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Engineering/Computer Science or a related technical discipline; MBA preferred
Helping people discover their story is at the heart of ours. Ancestry is the largest provider of family history and personal DNA testing, harnessing a powerful combination of information, science and technology to help people discover their family history and stories that were never possible before. Ancestry’s suite of products includes: AncestryDNA, AncestryProGenealogists, Fold3, Newspapers.com, Find a Grave, Archives.com, and Rootsweb.
We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers.
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry.com as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related thereto), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, age (40 and older), mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law. The Company also makes reasonable accommodations to applicants or employees with qualifying disabilities who request them and who otherwise meet the requirements of applicable law. If you would like to request an accommodation during the application process, please contact our Director of Recruiting.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.