Senior Java Developer
- San Francisco, CA, USA
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means
We are looking for a Senior Software Developer to help us build a new and exciting notifications platform that would handle millions of events flowing through it per day which, in turn, enables key business stakeholders to not only do analytics on it but also be proactive in making the customer experience better. This platform would be a major leap forward in making our organizational decisions become more data driven, and, out of the many applications that this platform would enable, personalization would be one that would help create a much more individualized customer experience.
- You will collaborate with Architect, Dev Manager and Engineers through the entire software development lifecycle to solve challenging and interesting problems
- Work together with product and development teams to define software specifications
- Write clean, well designed, testable, efficient code
- Automate your code/deploy pipeline
- Computer science degree (or related discipline)
- 5 years hands-on Java experience
- Deep understanding of object oriented design patterns, micro-service architecture patterns, and a fundamental understanding to cloud deployments and methodologies.
- Designing and developing enterprise grade software in fast-paced distributed environments (highly scalable, reliable, available)
- Debugging, performance profiling and optimization
- Micro services based architecture (RESTful), experience with Jetty preferred
- Strong inclination towards improving solutions and/or surrounding processes
- Good communication skills (verbal/written)
- Agile methodologies (Scrum)
- Continuous deploy and integration tools like Jenkins
- Working in a cloud based ecosystem (AWS preferred)
- Caching frameworks like memcached and redis
- Be able to solve problems outside the Spring ecosystem
Helping people discover their story is at the heart of ours. Ancestry is the largest provider of family history and personal DNA testing, harnessing a powerful combination of information, science and technology to help people discover their family history and stories that were never possible before. Ancestry’s suite of products includes: AncestryDNA, AncestryProGenealogists, Fold3, Newspapers.com, Find a Grave, Archives.com, and Rootsweb.
We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.