Technical Accounting Manager
- 1300 W Traverse Pkwy, Lehi, UT 84043, USA
Ancestry has an amazing opportunity for a Technical Accounting Manager. This position will report to the Director of Accounting and will be responsible for managing several aspects of the Company’s technical accounting research and other special projects. This financial leader will also have an entrepreneurial drive and a desire to be part of a unique culture that is committed to growing our organization.
Key Responsibilities / Performance Requirements:
• Perform technical accounting research about a variety of subjects and draft white paper memos, citing applicable authoritative guidance to support conclusions
• Perform qualitative and quantitative analyses for quarterly, annual, and ad hoc reporting requirements
• Assist with the adoption and implementation of new accounting pronouncements
• Update and maintain documentation regarding the Company’s accounting policies
• Support external and internal auditors
• Provide accounting support for business-unit partners, and ensure proper accounting of transactions
• In conjunction with the Director of Accounting, serve as the subject matter expert on business proposals for key finance & accounting executives & management.
• Establish and maintain solid working relationships with other departments to ensure that accounting conclusions are complete and accurate
• Provide and communicate accurate and timely information for decision making to management
• Collaborate with other departments on special projects as needed
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
• 4+ years of experience in public accounting (Big 4 experience preferred)
• A thorough understanding of US GAAP and technical accounting research and ability to apply in a practical manner
• Ability to act independently, exercising independent decision making and fulfilling responsibilities with minimal supervision
• Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
• Excellent communication skills—both written and verbal
• Excellent data skills, including Microsoft Excel
• Exceptional organizational and time management skills
• Ability to focus and prioritize to meet deadlines with high attention to detail
• Excellent teamwork skills with the ability to work with others in a professional manner
• Well-developed professional judgment and the ability to interact with all levels of the organization
• Oracle and IBM Planning Analytics experience a plus
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means .
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.