Senior Product Manager, Health and Wellness
- San Francisco, CA, USA
We are looking for an extraordinary Senior Product Manager to join our growing DNA product team and help us in our mission to deliver meaningful and delightful customer experiences. In this role, you will help drive the vision and development of new products and features in our Wellness domain. You will work closely with DNA scientists, researchers, designers, other product owners and engineering teams to deliver incremental value against a larger vision of a product you love and are proud to show off to family and friends.
As a senior member of the Product team, you are passionate about our customers, fascinated by consumer behavior, and insatiably compelled to build products that delight and engage. Our Product Managers lead through understanding opportunities, creating a vision, validating that vision through rapid prototyping, measurement, and user research, then partnering with development and marketing to launch and iterate.
This position reports to our Product Director of AncestryDNA and is located in our San Francisco, CA office, near the AT&T ballpark and one block from Caltrain.
What you will do
- Lead a cross-functional team including designers, writers, user researchers and developers to develop innovative and engaging customer interactivity with our AncestryDNA platform
- Drive continual product improvements and inform the product roadmap with new ideas based on ongoing customer research, market/competitive analysis, and product performance
- Author product stories, tasks and acceptance criteria for scrum teams; own the backlog
- Define success metrics and reporting needs
- Develop features across platforms, including mobile web and native apps
- Develop and evangelize the vision for your product, short-term and long-term
- Partner with data science, DNA science, customer analytics and customer research to gain insight into your customer
- Juggle tradeoffs and understand constraints, finding elegant solutions to complex problems
Who you are
- Minimum of 5+ years building and shipping interactive consumer focused, online web products
- Incredibly smart, creative, driven, and experienced navigating a complex organization to deliver amazing products quickly
- Bachelor's degree in STEM or related field
- Strong writing skills (PRFAQ, product proposals)
- Self-starter and able to work well with individuals at all levels and across functions
- Execution oriented and highly organized
- Masterful communicator and able to lead through influence
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills, you use facts to make decisions
- Experience with survey design or public health a plus
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means .
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.