Senior Product Manager, Health
- San Francisco, CA, USA
We’re seeking a Senior Product Manager to join our growing team working on Ancestry’s newest health products. This role will be instrumental in shaping and driving the growth of this new business line that leverages family health history and AncestryDNA to offer customers an entirely new way to understand and take control of their health.
This role requires strong leadership and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with an entrepreneurial approach. You will work with stakeholders across the organization to understand requirements and constraints, partner with UX and user research to validate customer needs and collaborate with agile development teams to deliver continuous improvement.
The ideal candidate is innovative and passionate about delivering an exceptional customer experience; driven to set and meet measurable goals; experienced with various methods of testing and validating concepts to inform decisions. Prior experience in consumer health products, FDA-regulated product development or DTC genetics is a distinct plus.
- Lead a cross-functional team including designers, writers, user researchers and developers to develop innovative and engaging customer features that deliver on user’s health-related needs and interests
- Drive continual product improvements and inform the product roadmap with new ideas based on ongoing customer research, market/competitive analysis, and product performance
- Author product stories, tasks and acceptance criteria for scrum teams; own the backlog
- Define success metrics and reporting needs
- Develop features across platforms, including mobile web and native apps
- Develop and evangelize the vision for your product, short-term and long-term
- Partner with data science, DNA science, customer analytics and customer research to gain insight into your customer
- Juggle tradeoffs and understand constraints, finding elegant solutions to complex problems
- Minimum of 5+ years of relevant product management experience with a proven track record of shipping awesome products in consumer facing web-based services or products. Consumer focused bio-life science applications or experience with FDA-regulated product development is ideal
- Incredibly smart, creative, driven, and experienced navigating across an organization to deliver amazing products quickly
- Effective communications skills, presentation techniques, meeting mechanics, and team building skills
- Strong writing skills (PRFAQ, product proposals)
- Execution oriented and highly organized
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills, you use facts to make decisions
- B.S. or B.A. degree required - MBA preferred
We’re a cutting-edge tech company with a very human mission—to help every person discover, preserve, and share the story of what led to them. Combining the rich information in family trees and historical records with the genetic details revealed in DNA, we create unique experiences that give people a new understanding of their lives, because connecting all the pieces of our family story can give us the deepest sense of who we are.
For more information on what we do and why you would want to work at Ancestry, visit our careers page:www.workforancestry.com
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means .
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.