Senior iOS Developer
- San Francisco, CA, USA
If you have what it takes to build and deliver award-winning native mobile applications on a large scale, we have a rewarding career opportunity for you.
On the mobile platform team at Ancestry you will establish best practices, architectures, and shared components that allow mobile teams to deliver multiple applications to a global market. Our applications provide real value to customers in a life-changing way.
On the Ancestry mobile platform team your skills and experience will be leveraged to have a positive impact on other mobile developers across several teams. The components and infrastructure you build will be shipped in multiple iOS apps.
- Own technical aspects of software development
- Develop deep understanding of tie-ins with other systems and platforms
- Write code and unit tests, automation, and conducts code reviews and testing
- Identify opportunities for code reuse and component sharing across multiple mobile apps
- Facilitate features being built as shared frameworks.
- Design APIs that other teams will find a pleasure to use
- Identify opportunities to adopt innovative technologies
- Identify continuous improvements to delivery processes
- Work with UX & product owners to prioritize features for ongoing sprints and managing a list of technical requirements based on industry trends, new technologies, known defects, and issues
Strong skills in the following technologies:
- Swift, Objective-C
- iOS platform frameworks
- UIKit and Core Animation
- Core Data or other local persistence technology
- RESTful Web Services
- Framework creation & usage
- Experience in building production software applications
- Experience designing APIs
- 5+ years experience in IOS development, ideally with both Swift and Objective-C.
- Experience with design and implementation of distributed applications, APIs or frameworks
- Familiar with agile or other rapid application development methods
- Bachelor's in CS or related field is required. Master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience, is preferred
- Helping people discover their story is at the heart of ours. Ancestry is the largest provider of family history and personal DNA testing, harnessing a powerful combination of information, science, and technology to help people discover their family history and stories that were never possible before. Ancestry’s suite of products includes: AncestryDNA, AncestryProGenealogists, Fold3, Newspapers.com, Find a Grave, Archives.com, and Rootsweb.
- We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers. (REF)
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry.com as a result of the referral or through other means.