Front End Development, Intern
- Lehi, Utah
Ancestry wants your DNA! Ancestry is currently seeking highly motivated, internet-savvy interns who can work full-time for 12-16 weeks during Summer 2018. Our summer internships allow you the freedom to experience impactful business projects that allow you to develop your talents, enjoy mentorship, and experience challenging work all while receiving fantastic pay and having a lot of fun—we have it all. Oh, and did we mention the possibility of full-time employment once you graduate?
From Marketing to Engineering, UX Design, DNA Science, Product and more, we’re looking for fresh minds and diverse ideas with an interest in connecting families and technology. Come join a diverse company of enthusiastic, talented, smart, and very passionate people who bring their A-game each day.
Internship Project Description
We are looking for a detail oriented Front-End Development intern with solid experience and a strong desire to learn the latest technologies (CSS3, HTML5, ES6, ReactJS, NodeJS, responsive design, and more).
This is what you will do….
- Pair code with Sr. UI engineers in HTML, CSS, and vanilla JS to provide shareable UI components to dozens of development projects
- Work with various individuals and groups including creative, marketing, development, and UX teams
- Have the chance to lead your own key project reviewed by a supportive mentor and team
- Experience full-stack development leveraging NodeJS, Docker, Kubernetes and other fresh technologies in an Agile environment
- Grow a passion for design, usability, cross-browser compatibility, and accessibility concerns
- Be self-motivated with the ability to manage and deliver projects on time and well tested
Tasks & deliverables:
- Help with the development and testing of all shareable UI components and infrastructure to be used by all other UI development teams at Ancestry
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s level degree. Must also return to school after the internship to continue education or an internship is required for graduation.
- Must be currently enrolled in university with graduation dates starting in Spring 2017 forward
teams are harnessing the power of technology and using it to simplify the way people connect with their families and their unique legacies. Our work environment is fast-paced and challenging, but also extremely exciting. You’ll work with a team of passionate, engaged individuals. We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related thereto), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, age (40 and older), mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law. The Company also makes reasonable accommodations to applicants or employees with qualifying disabilities who request them and who otherwise meet the requirements of applicable law. If you would like to request an accommodation during the application process, please contact our Director of Recruiting.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.